What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Dark Knight Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Now ist Online on Asus HP

ASUS RT-N66U B1 Firmware Version 3.0.0.3.108
Fixed
1. httpd abnormal after adding more than 24 IP/MAC entries
2. RF power decrease issue reported in 3.0.0.3.96
3. Port forwarding UI issue.
4. Media server directory change issue
5. IPv6 related issue
6. Printer sharing issue on Windows 7 64bits
7. Download master
- The HTTP and FTP task cannot continue when WAN reconnect to Internet.
- some multi-language strings issue.
- Bit torrent association tool compatibility issue.
- enhance amule stability.

Modified
1. allow to change range of VPN IP
2. allow user to modify scanning directory of media server
3. allow user to select attached clients into static DHCP IP list
4. CTF ability automatically adjustment
5. change the WPA key rotation interval default value from 0 to 3600
6. VPN username/password length is set to 32

Howdy,
Thanks from myself and I am sure from many others. logged in and received the 108 firmware. :D

Loading in approx 2 minutes....

rt-n66u b1 fw 102

So, I never could get these things configured but decided to put this device in service as an AP with what I could get configured. I am basically making changes around this devices:) I've got to say...it's worth it.

I have tried so many routers that I felt defeated in finding something with the kind of range I need. This router solves all my range problems. No router came close (not even close) to what this router's signal can reach.

I am extremely impressed with the performance so far.

Thank you all for your posts here as all the information I was able to gather were extremely helpful.

I just received my router a couple days ago from amazon. I updated it to fw102 immediately but I seem to have issues with configuring the router.

Anyone have issues with not being able to configure the port forwarding and DHCP IP range? Every time I change parameters on those pages, the router goes, "10%, 20%,...100% complete!" and it just sits there...with the spinner spinning. I couldn't log back in to the router until I hold the reset button down for a few seconds which effectively wipes all configuration and I have to start over.

The other pages saves fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I rebooted cleared cache but only see *.96

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 489
hi friends!
i am going crazy with wireless schedule!

i go to Wireless - Professional menù and i want my wireless radio on at 9:00 and i want it off at 01:00 in the night.

so pratically from 01:00 night untill 9:00 i want my wireless off!

i do not understant ho to insert that :(

help me!

hi friends!
i am going crazy with wireless schedule!

i go to Wireless - Professional menù and i want my wireless radio on at 9:00 and i want it off at 01:00 in the night.

so pratically from 01:00 night untill 9:00 i want my wireless off!

i do not understant ho to insert that :(

help me!
Can you try 21:00-00:59 ?

Just re-read your post again, you want it on 9:00 in the morning or night?
It may not be possible the way you want to do it. Looks like times will need to be same day.

Last edited:
Howdy,
rt-n66u fw 108 now

quick overall;
with only like 40 minutes of use, it seems the console window is quicker to respond, the client listing is totally working now, listing all clients, as well as hard static ip printers. Names are all up too. Speed looks good here, wireless distance in the rural area (no other wifi signal for miles) is impressive still. The log needs to have some filter options.

Can you try 21:00-00:59 ?

Just re-read your post again, you want it on 9:00 in the morning or night?
It may not be possible the way you want to do it. Looks like times will need to be same day.

i want wireless on from 9 (morning) to 01:00 night :D

it is very strange that i cant do this.

i want wireless on from 9 (morning) to 01:00 night :D

it is very strange that i cant do this.

It's not optimal, but I guess you could try changing the timezone on the router so it's back an hour and just setting: 8:00 - 23:59

I just updated to 108. Downloaded from OS: "Others" since I am on Mac OS X Lion. ( My first attempt at doing an update via Mac Lion--100% successful)

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=RT-N66U+(VER.B1)&p=11&s=2

Looks like I may be getting a bit better RSSI...minus a few points. Still observing.

I'm using Lion also...did you have any issues when you updated to .108? When I updated to .102, I had issues where my router gave me an IP conflict and it took me a while to figure that problem out because it kept dropping my connections. I found a workaround to getting .102 to behave with my router.

I've just updated to .108 via Mac Lion as well, no issues other than realizing I had set a static IP on my hardline while I had also applied a static DHCP mapping for the laptop as well so I had a little external hiccup but easily resolved.

The wireless throughput and extra range from my old Linksys is nice I gotta say,

I've just updated to .108 via Mac Lion as well, no issues other than realizing I had set a static IP on my hardline while I had also applied a static DHCP mapping for the laptop as well so I had a little external hiccup but easily resolved.

The wireless throughput and extra range from my old Linksys is nice I gotta say,
you have any issues w/ wifi stop broadcasting ur SSID?

Status
Not open for further replies.