What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.8_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came from the beta, installed 388.8 when it was released and it hasn't skipped a beat. Thanks @RMerlin

Working well on my router and node.
Nothing special about the configuration.
Port forwards for a couple of servers, IPv6 firewall entries for the same servers, dnsmasq.conf.add to help the piholes.
I still see that changing a device name in the network map client list does not change it in the wireless log.

On my AX88U I tried a dirty upgrade from 388.7 to 388.8 and that has placed things in a very bad configuration from where no kind of network (wireless or wired) was working. Since unfortunately for the next two weeks or so I can't investigate further on that router what is wrong I had to factory reset, return to 388.7 and restore JFFS/configuration.
Are you connecting to VPN? If so, could kill switch have activated?

Are you connecting to VPN? If so, could kill switch have activated?

I did see the discussion on the kill switch but if possible I always try to connect directly for updates and that was the case today, no VPN and I got the issues on WiFi and wired - not even DHCP or ping was working :rolleyes:

After upgrading to the newest Firmware 3004.388.8 on GT AX11000 I am no longer able to access the internet through the router with wireless or connected via ethernet.

I can use the tools in the Router gui to ping and traceroute to the internet but no machine connected to the Router can get out.

I have RESET to factory default and it still does the same thing, but when I downgrade the firmware to 3004.388.7 it works fine.

Any ideas on this one.

Thanks in advance.

I still see that changing a device name in the network map client list does not change it in the wireless log.
The wireless log will use the actual hostname whenever possible, while the Network Map is just a description label. This is working as intended.

This made me a sad panda :(
No. Wifi Radar was based on Broadcom's Visualizer, an example application from their SDK. They never updated it over the years, so Asus chose to stop using it, both because it was partly broken (didn't support WIfi 6e or 7 as Broadcom never updated it), and because of inherent security issues since the code was unmaintained.
perhaps a better answer is “not in the foreseeable future”

@RMerlin, is this true even if the client is disabled? I have tried adding the router IP through the WAN but it's still not letting any traffic through when the VPN client is not enabled. What's the trick here? Am I missing something?

Did a dirty upgrade from 7 to 8 and everything is fine and the traffic block is probably due to the change log, I guess, I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Edit: Never mind, I forgot the /24 next to the router IP and that fixed it. Note to all, if you have a VPN client setup and even if it is not in use WITH the killswitch option, your traffic will be blocked after this upgrade by default. To fix this, just create a rule like this for the WAN interface under VPN Director:

Local IP
Your Router IP/24

You can leave the Remote IP field blank. That should do it.

So yeah, same issue here... GT-AX11000.... banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why the entire system goes down just inputting a VPN an never turning on. To the point it won't even let me get to the router configuration page. Static iP and cannot even ping the router .1 router after hitting aplly. Super frustrating.

I patially understand what you are saying in VPN Director but can you cleariy what you mean?

Local is what? The router IP? 192.168.50.1?
Your RouterIP/24? Again router IP or WAN IP? /24 suggests 192.168.50.1/24 so what is the above local ip then?

Thaks.

So yeah, same issue here... GT-AX11000.... banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why the entire system goes down just inputting a VPN an never turning on. To the point it won't even let me get to the router configuration page. Static iP and cannot even ping the router .1 router after hitting aplly. Super frustrating.

I patially understand what you are saying in VPN Director but can you cleariy what you mean?

Local is what? The router IP? 192.168.50.1?
Your RouterIP/24? Again router IP or WAN IP? /24 suggests 192.168.50.1/24 so what is the above local ip then?

Thaks.

Did you try the new test builds with the fix ? Merlin released them last night and the results seem good so far.

Dirty upgrade of an RT-AX86U-Pro from 388.7 to 388.8. No issues so far.
Thanks Merlin

Dirty upgrade of an RT-AX86UPro and AX86U (MESH) from 388.7 to 388.8. No issues so far.

VPN (all type) - is OK
MESH - is OK
DUAL WAN - OK
amtm - ok
WF - ok

1721982477242.png

Why no info about the new test builds, or a new thread..?

Didn't eve search there. 😅
That discussion should continue here, or have its own thread I think..?

Status
Not open for further replies.