What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.41 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ok. Figured it out. My dyndns had not updated after change of router. I manually updated and now it all works.

Guys, I overclocked my router to 1200,666. The CPU is running at 80 degrees centigrade.
Is that what everyone else is experiencing as well?

Guys, I overclocked my router to 1200,666. The CPU is running at 80 degrees centigrade.
Is that what everyone else is experiencing as well?
Hi,

I have NOT overclocked my AC68U, but it runs on the same temperature:
Code:
2.4 GHz: 53°C  -  5 GHz: 54°C  -  CPU: 81°C
It seems that 80 degrees celsius is normal for the CPU. :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

@merlin
GPL of ASUS RT-AC68U for firmware 3.0.0.4.374.5656 is out

Hi,

Code:

With kind regards

I disabled the 2.4 Ghz band because i dont really use it and my cpu temp dropped to 71 c from 78 to 80 c

RT-AC68U
Browser: Firefox 29.0

Upgraded to 374.41 from 374.40 (mainly for security reasons) a few hours ago and all is well except I keep getting "automatically" logged out of the web gui every hour or so. I have to enter 192.168.1.1 and log back in.

This is new behavior not experienced under 374.40, which was up and running solid for well over a month. Any ideas?

RT-AC68U
Browser: Firefox 29.0

Upgraded to 374.41 from 374.40 (mainly for security reasons) a few hours ago and all is well except I keep getting "automatically" logged out of the web gui every hour or so. I have to enter 192.168.1.1 and log back in.

This is new behavior not experienced under 374.40, which was up and running solid for well over a month. Any ideas?

look under the administration tab. this new behavior was implemented as a security fix (the main reason you upgraded to .41), but it can be changed under the admin tab

@merlin
GPL of ASUS RT-AC68U for firmware 3.0.0.4.374.5656 is out

Good news i cant wait for the Merlin build based on the new 5656 Asus firmware. 5656 has been a very stable and fast firmware released for 68U ever.

look under the administration tab. this new behavior was implemented as a security fix (the main reason you upgraded to .41), but it can be changed under the admin tab

Thanks Jay, I didn't see that option. Otherwise, all is good so far with 374.41. Thanks Merlin!

5G hangs periodically...

I'm on the latest Merlin build, 374.41, for several weeks. Works well, although my 5G network hangs periodically on my ipads. I switch over to the 2.5G network and continue. My 5G settings are auto. Are there recommended settings for the 5G that work better?

Hi Merlin

is it possible to open up more channel selections?

Singapore has all the 5ghz channels available, with no gap in between. However I can only select the lower and upper channels from the UI.

btw the wiki may not be accurate and does not reflect latest info from government website.

edit router is ac66u

Last edited:
Hi Merlin

Singapore has all the 5ghz channels available, with no gap in between. However I can only select the lower and upper channels from the UI.

btw the wiki may not be accurate and does not reflect latest info from government website.

edit router is ac66u

No, this is hardcoded in the closed source wireless driver.

Hi Merlin

edit router is ac66u

Yes, it has been spoken about several times and a simple telnet set of commands can open this up to your region, search the forums and you will find.

I noticed with Stock firmware... IPv6 is working for me. With Merlin .41 IPV6 isn't working. I don't even get assigned an address.

I'm on Comcast.

Is this normal? I saw something about reducing IPv6 flooding with comcast, but I wouldn't expect it to just not work.

I noticed with Stock firmware... IPv6 is working for me. With Merlin .41 IPV6 isn't working. I don't even get assigned an address.

I'm on Comcast.

Is this normal? I saw something about reducing IPv6 flooding with comcast, but I wouldn't expect it to just not work.

Weird.. When I was on the Merlin firmware.. I rebooted a few times.. No Ipv6. Went back to stock... IPV6=good. Went back to Merlin. Now Ipv6 is working.. Strange stuff. Rebooted just to check and IPV6 is good.

pretty sure merlin said that he couldn't narrow down the issue with comcast bc he couldn't reproduce it and comcast's implementation of ipv6 works for some and is borked for others. Mine worked sometime then wouldn't work other times. I just disabled it because i don't really use anything ipv6 and it actually would slow some webpages down for me that were ipv6 compatible.

if i had an xbox one on the other hand, i would probably make sure my ipv6 was figured out. But halo hasn't come out yet for it so I don't need to worry about that until my game is released.

pretty sure merlin said that he couldn't narrow down the issue with comcast bc he couldn't reproduce it and comcast's implementation of ipv6 works for some and is borked for others. Mine worked sometime then wouldn't work other times. I just disabled it because i don't really use anything ipv6 and it actually would slow some webpages down for me that were ipv6 compatible.

if i had an xbox one on the other hand, i would probably make sure my ipv6 was figured out. But halo hasn't come out yet for it so I don't need to worry about that until my game is released.

I can't do much concerning IPv6 because I'm simply not an expert in it. However I have a couple of user submitted patches that will go in with the next release, it might help with at least some of the issues people are experiencing with IPv6. Again, I have no way of testing it - my HE tunnel always worked fine for me.

Hi,

Code:

With kind regards

I m over-clocked to 1000-666 and i get 82°C
Try to reset . In stock i used to get 76