What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hi,
Ac5300 with Merlin .59

after a few days with .59, there is in the client / view list, no device anymore visible.
Neither a reboot nor a shutdown via switch brought the device list back. Is there something I can do, except reflashing the image.
br
Mike
No need to reflash, know issue.
Normally its repopulate after a few mins or hours

I'm on Time Warner in the Los Angeles are, and my ipv6 works great!
Time Warner Cincinnati, Ohio USA, ipV6 on RT-AC68u router, v...59 firmware (and many previous versions) also works fine. When (Windows 10 command prompt)

ping google.com

for example, the response from Google.com is some longish 128-bit ipV6 address.

Installed .59 on 68u, no factory reset and IPV6 is out (HE 6in4). DNS for IPV6 works (clients get IPV6 address, but not connections possible.

Update: Resolved.... endpoint IP had changed :(

No need to reflash, know issue.
Normally its repopulate after a few mins or hours

reset to factory default, List populated again
uploaded my settings before the list wasn't populated. list is empty again.

So how it can be fixed without factory default?

reset to factory default, List populated again
uploaded my settings before the list wasn't populated. list is empty again.

So how it can be fixed without factory default?
Did you changed ICONS in clients list or you using the defaults icons
Is your list stay populated if your not uploaded your old settings?

Did you changed ICONS in clients list or you using the defaults icons
Is your list stay populated if your not uploaded your old settings?

no, did not change icons, they are original. If I reset factory default and leave it with the default settings, the list stays populated.

hi,
Ac5300 with Merlin .59

after a few days with .59, there is in the client / view list, no device anymore visible.
Neither a reboot nor a shutdown via switch brought the device list back. Is there something I can do, except reflashing the image.
br
Mike
After doing some reading and testing, I can confirm, if the PS4 is in rest mode, the list does not populate. The ps4 is connected via cable. If I turn the PS4 completely off, after a minute the list is populated.

After doing some reading and testing, I can confirm, if the PS4 is in rest mode, the list does not populate. The ps4 is connected via cable. If I turn the PS4 completely off, after a minute the list is populated.

Strange. I have no such problems on the 87U.

My PS4 is also in rest mode always when not in use, connected via cable.

No problems with the client list at all actually.

Strange. I have no such problems on the 87U.

My PS4 is also in rest mode always when not in use, connected via cable.

No problems with the client list at all actually.

is your ps4 binded with MAC address to a IP address ? which ports are forwarded to the ps4?

is your ps4 binded with MAC address to a IP address ? which ports are forwarded to the ps4?

It has a DHCP reservation yes.

No ports are forwarded to the PS4... I have never had to do anything like that, even when playing online.

It has a DHCP reservation yes.

No ports are forwarded to the PS4... I have never had to do anything like that, even when playing online.

I have 8 portsettings

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 22.51.03.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 22.51.03.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 588
Hi merlin! l restored the 380.59 fw in my RT-AC88U and after disabling the NAT acceleration it seems the problem related to the traffic manager/QOS has been solved. Now it shows the real time traffic more accurately.

Btw, I noticed another issue with SAMBA in this case, rather if I try to set the access from anyone on the network, the access still remain bound to the user credentials. I had to change 2 parameters in the smb.conf file for fixing this.
Could you reproduce this problem If so, I will provide my smb.conf that correctly handles theguest access

Inviato dal mio LG-H815 utilizzando Tapatalk

I have to go back to .58 firmware since ddns was not updating anymore (no-ip). Also, many wireless problems on the 2.4 Ghz, that is wireless connection ok, but no internet (AC-R68U)

I have to go back to .58 firmware since ddns was not updating anymore (no-ip). Also, many wireless problems on the 2.4 Ghz, that is wireless connection ok, but no internet (AC-R68U)
No-IP gives me no issues in updating every 60 minutes... So no specific .59 firmware issue.

hi,
Ac5300 with Merlin .59

br
Mike

I have to be one of the most picky person on here, and usually with the most trouble.

I have a ac5300 and PS4 and have flashed this final firmware a few times also doing firmware config restores 2 different ways, and never seen this (though I was on the 59 alpha, after flash and configure as new).
I just checked again as my PS4 is in rest mode and the list is populating and always has.
This is my settings besides I have 28 Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list, including the PS4. I have one port forward to my NVR only.
My Settings........
-turn off or disable any Guest networks
-Turn off any USB or media service
- in the "LAN" section.
--IPTV Tab--

-"Use DHCP routes" select "RFC3442 & Microsoft"
-ENABLE "Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy)"
-ENABLE "Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping)"
--Switch Control Tab--
-Enable Jumbo Frame select "Enable"
-NAT Acceleration select "Disable"
-Spanning-Tree Protocol select "Enable" (you can experiment on this, you may have to Disable)
- In the "WAN" section.
--Internet Connection Tab--
-Enable NAT to "Yes"
-Enable UPnP to "Yes"
-UPNP: Allowed internal port range to "1" to "65535"
-UPNP: Allowed external port range to "1" to "65535"
--NAT Passthrough Tab--
-"Enable" every option (choose just Enable)
- In the "Firewall" section.
--General Tab--
-NAT Loopback to "Asus" (if using Merlins firmware)

If all this does not help then you need to factory default and configure as a brand new unit, this has been told many times, I know it is a pain in the A!! but sometimes we just need to bite the bullet. Sometimes we also need to clear the Nvram, then flash and configure as a new router.
EDIT: I wonder if anyone with the JFFS problem has tried the clear NVRAM then flash and configure as a new router yet?

Last edited:
I spent quite a bit of time tonight with my ac87u working between 57, 58, and 59.

There is something common between 57 and 59 that absolutely makes my 87u go completely nuts.

By "nuts" I mean:
1) WAN port going dead 3-4 times per MINUTE (red WAN led on the 87u)
2) Wireless clients dropping and rejoining every 1-3 minutes
3) Router completely hangs and restarts (log shows some variable innocuous message, and then you see the time sync drop and a clean restart)

My environment consists of the devices listed at the end of this post plus another 13 or 14 not connected at the time I took the network map export. The problems I describe span 2.4 and 5.8 devices. Most noticeable are my Surface 3 and my S7 Edge because they're in my hand most of the time but most devices experience the issues when on .57 or .58.

.58 is absolutely stable

There has to be something common to .57 and .59 that this particular 87u cannot deal with.

I'm hoping the Luma mesh wifi I just pre-ordered is more stable and reliable. I've had every Asus since the 66- two 68's and this 87, but I'm about done with it. I just pray the Luma has the flexibility to support dozens of forwarded ports for my internal devices with DNS addresses.

Chromecast (Security Cameras)
MyQ Garagedoor
Ring Chime
Chromecast (Master Bedroom)
Watchdog
Insteon Hub (Pro)
S7 Edge
-NAS1
Tab A
Kindle Fire HDX
Chromecast (Media Room)
_Tablet
_Server
Harmony Hub (Great Room)
Chromecast (Great Room)
SecCam7-Front Bedroom
Seccam6-Driveway 2
SecCam2-Fron
SecCam3-Driveway
Seccam4-Front of House
SecCam5-Garage
Wink Hub
Smarthings Hub
Note 4
HP Photosmart 7520 (Office)
Side Yard Camera Outlet
Moto360 (2015-Gold)
Moto360 (2014-Black)
S6 Edge
Insteon Hub (Std)
Great-Room-TV
Game Room Bridge
Harmony Hub (Media Room)
Great Room Photo Frame
Thermostat (Great Room)
Alexa Dot (Great Room)
Surface Pro 3
Panasonic Blu-ray (Media Room)
Front Camera Power Outlet
Thermostat (upstairs)
Hue Hub
Alexa Echo (Master Bedroom)
Kitchen Refrigerator
Thermostat (Dining Room)
-Computer
_Server Power Outlet

I spent quite a bit of time tonight with my ac87u working between 57, 58, and 59.

There is something common between 57 and 59 that absolutely makes my 87u go completely nuts.

By "nuts" I mean:
1) WAN port going dead 3-4 times per MINUTE (red WAN led on the 87u)
2) Wireless clients dropping and rejoining every 1-3 minutes
3) Router completely hangs and restarts (log shows some variable innocuous message, and then you see the time sync drop and a clean restart)

My environment consists of the devices listed at the end of this post plus another 13 or 14 not connected at the time I took the network map export. The problems I describe span 2.4 and 5.8 devices. Most noticeable are my Surface 3 and my S7 Edge because they're in my hand most of the time but most devices experience the issues when on .57 or .58.

.58 is absolutely stable

There has to be something common to .57 and .59 that this particular 87u cannot deal with.

I'm hoping the Luma mesh wifi I just pre-ordered is more stable and reliable. I've had every Asus since the 66- two 68's and this 87, but I'm about done with it. I just pray the Luma has the flexibility to support dozens of forwarded ports for my internal devices with DNS addresses.

Chromecast (Security Cameras)
MyQ Garagedoor
Ring Chime
Chromecast (Master Bedroom)
Watchdog
Insteon Hub (Pro)
S7 Edge
-NAS1
Tab A
Kindle Fire HDX
Chromecast (Media Room)
_Tablet
_Server
Harmony Hub (Great Room)
Chromecast (Great Room)
SecCam7-Front Bedroom
Seccam6-Driveway 2
SecCam2-Fron
SecCam3-Driveway
Seccam4-Front of House
SecCam5-Garage
Wink Hub
Smarthings Hub
Note 4
HP Photosmart 7520 (Office)
Side Yard Camera Outlet
Moto360 (2015-Gold)
Moto360 (2014-Black)
S6 Edge
Insteon Hub (Std)
Great-Room-TV
Game Room Bridge
Harmony Hub (Media Room)
Great Room Photo Frame
Thermostat (Great Room)
Alexa Dot (Great Room)
Surface Pro 3
Panasonic Blu-ray (Media Room)
Thermostat (upstairs)
Hue Hub
Alexa Echo (Master Bedroom)
Kitchen Refrigerator
Thermostat (Dining Room)
-Computer
_Server Power Outlet

What version before this was it as stable as the .58 version?

Do you do a full reset to factory defaults and minimal and manual configuration afterward flashing each firmware in your testing? Including new ssid's (passwords can be the same).