What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are asking what changes or updates were made in the 386.7_1 test builds I think RMerlin explained it in the following post earlier in the thread:
I can't find that post.

You're welcome.

Some recent FF feedback:

New MS Edge has been fine and Google-free for me.

OE
MS Edge is based on chromium. So it is kind of Google Chrome

You don't have to find it, just click on the link @bennor provided you. It will take you right there.
It takes me here
1657545563914.png

MS Edge is based on chromium. So it is kind of Google Chrome

Yes, Chromium is open source. The point was 'it's not Google'.

OE

So is a FF.
for Edge, it is just MS is watching you instead of Google. LOL

FF is the problem in this thread.

Yes, that was the point, not Google.

What's so funny?

OE

Then I'm confused. I expected to see the text about AC68U but it talks about IPv6 and DNSFilter
View attachment 42651

If there is a 7_1 build for the AC68U, then the the fixes described includes that model. If no build - no fix.

Then I'm confused. I expected to see the text about AC68U but it talks about IPv6 and DNSFilter
View attachment 42651
Ignore the quoted text in posts that link to other posts. Click on the link to go to the actual post. The quoted text is from the top of the web page that is being linked to. It is not from the linked post (unless that coincidentally happens to be at the top of the page).

@ColinTaylor is correct for what is stated in post #877, BUT the initial inquiry by @lepa71 was where to find the post regarding the changes to the 7.1 test build (Post 864).
Current RMerlin fw working well in my environment!
Have A Great Day Everyone!

Does anybody see this when looking for logs?
View attachment 42639

Yes, I cleared my logs a couple of days ago, came back and looked in the logs and saw this. ASUS RT-AX88U with FW V386.7, uptime 4days 21 hours 38 minutes

2. [Asus router as client] If the OpenVPN profile enables IPv6, Asus router enables IPv6, and OpenVPN client on Asus router sets DNS to exclusive, the expected behavior should be that all DNS queries will go through the VPN. However, currently DNS will go through both the VPN's IPv4 DNS and client router's IPv6 DNS. Usually client router's IPv6 DNS responds faster and the response is used causing DNS leak. I suspect that the DNS redirection for VPN is only set on IPv4. My temporary solution is setting client router's IPv6 DNS to client router's IPv4 DNS encoded in IPv6 format.
After further testing, "setting client router's IPv6 DNS to client router's IPv4 DNS encoded in IPv6 format" somehow still leaks. I'll try 386.7_1 later.

In 386.7 or 386.49447 of AX86U, "160MHz+ch36" will make your router lose 160MHz when an 80MHz device is pluged in.
"20/40/80/160MHz + Enable 160MHz + ch auto + DFS” will make your router boost to 160MHz automatically when a 160MHz device is pluged in. When your last 160MHz device disconnects, your router will drop to 80MHz. And a 160MHz device is pluged in, your router boost to 160MHz automatically again.

Although both versions of the firmware can achieve 160MHz 5G WiFi, the following two things make me irritable:
1. 5G bandwidth of the AiMesh node is always the same as the AiMesh router. This means your AiMesh node is always at 80MHz if your AiMesh router drop to 80MHz.
2. A 160mhz device connects to the AiMesh router when the the AiMesh router is at 80MHz. Then the AiMesh router boost to 160MHz after 1-2 min. But the 5G WiFi disconnects for a split second so that this 160MHz device is connected to the AiMesh node. AiMesh router that lose 160MHz devices drops to 80MHz. Then this 160MHz device connects back to the AiMesh router by AiMesh or 802.11K/V. And the AiMesh router boost to 160MHz after 1-2 min.....................This 160MHz device "jumps" between the AiMesh router and the AiMesh node. Sometimes, it ends up connecting to the AiMesh router with 160MHz. Sometimes, it ends up disconnecting.

I hope ASUS can provide a new Source Code soon to fix this 5G bandwidth issue.
160.png

Last edited:
@RMerlin Is there any reason to go to 386.7 first, then update to the beta or is going to the beta directly 386.7_1 ok without having to reset on AX86U.

@RMerlin Is there any reason to go to 386.7 first, then update to the beta or is going to the beta directly 386.7_1 ok without having to reset on AX86U.
No reason to, you can go directly to 386.7_1 (or 386.7_2 once that's released).

I have 2 rt-ax88 and a rt-ax58. When I flash & mesh 386.7_1 Ethernet Backhaul does not work. Routers stay on Wi-Fi backhaul.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.