What's new

ntpMerlin ntpMerlin - NTP Daemon for AsusWRT Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yes its wrong there as well and I am in Sydney Australia - looks like its an Asus bug
I do not believe Asus maintains a time zone database. It is on all of us to update timezone information in the web GUI. You can see the settings on the command line with "nvram get time_zone_x".
Mine is
Code:
EST5DST,M3.2.0/2,M11.1.0/2
Yours may be something like
Code:
AEST10AEDT,M10.1.0/2,M4.1.0/3

Hello.

I'm running 384.10_2, and noticed an issue where after applying settings that the page wouldn't refresh after the changes were made. After some troubleshooting I started removing the scripts that I have installed. I only use Skynet, and NTPmerlin (with entware just for NTPmerlin). After uninstalling NTPmerlin the issue went away. I tried it first since it affects the web interface with the page that it adds.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there some kind of trick to get the page refresh working with it installed? I like it, and will continue to use it as I can just refresh the page manually but I'd like things to work as they should.

Thank you in advance for any help/advice.

I came on the forums and read through the DoT test build thread before coming here, and noticed that there were a couple of posts about this issue there as well with the test build.

Last edited:
Hello.

I'm running 384.10_2, and noticed an issue where after applying settings that the page wouldn't refresh after the changes were made. After some troubleshooting I started removing the scripts that I have installed. I only use Skynet, and NTPmerlin (with entware just for NTPmerlin). After uninstalling NTPmerlin the issue went away. I tried it first since it affects the web interface with the page that it ads.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there some kind of trick to get the page refresh working with it installed? I like it, and will continue to use it as I can just refresh the page manually but I'd like things to work as they should.

I came on the forums and read through the DoT test build thread before coming here, and noticed that there were a couple of posts about this issue there as well with the test build.
Shift-F5?

Hello.

I'm running 384.10_2, and noticed an issue where after applying settings that the page wouldn't refresh after the changes were made. After some troubleshooting I started removing the scripts that I have installed. I only use Skynet, and NTPmerlin (with entware just for NTPmerlin). After uninstalling NTPmerlin the issue went away. I tried it first since it affects the web interface with the page that it adds.

I noticed it happening too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello.

A few of us have noticed this issue. The new builds seem to have broken something (javascript error I believe). @Jack Yaz is aware and hopes to look into it after his move. Please post over in this thread any relevant information, thanks!

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/p...ing-page-issue-while-using-his-scripts.56308/

Just wondering if this can work with the new merlin beta's built in NTP server or just leave that disabled and continue as is with this?

Forcing clients to use it is the best feature IMO. No need to reconfigure any devices. It also revealed to me how some devices like Amazon Echo behave so badly, constantly syncing time every few minutes.

Running ntpMerlin on my RT-AC68U and asuswrt-Merlin 384.10_2. Thanks @kvic and @Jack Yaz !

@Jack Yaz .....Now that Merlin has implmented NTPserver and redirect into Beta2 I'm curious if this script and that feature will clash or not. I like the graph (i'm a visual person), but mostly used this script for the redirect portion.

@Jack Yaz .....Now that Merlin has implmented NTPserver and redirect into Beta2 I'm curious if this script and that feature will clash or not. I like the graph (i'm a visual person), but mostly used this script for the redirect portion.

Just like with the Jack Yaz script, you have to manually enable it. So, unless you enable both, there should be no clashes. ;)

No issues so far with any scripts and 384.11 Beta 2. :)

We'll find out when 384.11 is released as stable. @RMerlin has implemented a lot of what this script does though, so ntpmerlin may get scrapped as a result

Can someone running 384.11 beta 2 try removing my script, enabling merlins daemon, manually installing
Code:
 opkg install ntp-utils
and then try running
Code:
ntpq -4 -c rv

Can someone running 384.11 beta 2 try removing my script, enabling merlins daemon, manually installing
Code:
 opkg install ntp-utils
and then try running
Code:
ntpq -4 -c rv
Code:
ntpq: read: Connection refused
So how to configure it without ntp.conf

Code:
 opkg install ntp-utils
and then try running
Code:
ntpq -4 -c rv
Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC86U 384.11-beta2 Thu May  2 20:02:49 UTC 2019
[redacted]@RT-AC86U-4608:/tmp/home/root# ntpq -4 -c rv
ntpq: read: Connection refused
:oops:

Thanks for this. I'm going to see what options we have with merlin's guidance
Code: