What's new

ntpMerlin ntpMerlin - NTP Daemon for AsusWRT Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

An incorrectly set timezone on your router would be my first guess. NTP doesn't know anything about timezones. It only deals with UTC, each computer determines the "local" time by adding the local UTC offset to the time served by NTP. I'm near Los Angeles, and it's Daylight Saving Time now, so my offset is UTC -7; if it's 15:00 UTC, it's 15:00 - 7 = 08:00 here.
the odd thing about it is, idk what is causing the issue with the timezone. it was correct yesterday, and now it is having issues it appears.

yes I actually have that setup to use as well. I tried disabling it to see if it was the root of the problem as well, but it wasn't.
everything points to the router not being able to determining if it is daylight savings time because apon examination of the time zone, it is the correct time zone in /etc, it is just not properly matched for the daylight savings.

everything points to the router not being able to determining if it is daylight savings time because apon examination of the time zone, it is the correct time zone in /etc, it is just not properly matched for the daylight savings.
Code:
http://router.asus.com/Advanced_System_Content.asp
upload_2019-10-15_19-16-14.png

What I can remember correct setting for DST end is to set 3 "hours".
So it will jump from 3 AM summertime to 2 AM winter or standardtime. Think I have tested it years ago and prooved to be correct.

Wrong DST settings, that's why. For this time zone it should be:

3rd month, 2nd week, Sunday, 2AM
11th month, 1st week, Sunday, 2AM

I have noticed this error on my routers too. Not a big deal.
So I managed to fix the issue... I manually changed it to 11 and apply then waited 10 minutes, rebooted, and viola the 11 stayed persistent. weird issue , but the time is now fixed.

Wrong DST settings, that's why. For this time zone it should be:

3rd month, 2nd week, Sunday, 2AM
11th month, 1st week, Sunday, 2AM

I have noticed this error on my routers too. Not a big deal.
I had the same problem with mine. Bumped up one month to Nov and time is correct.

POSTCMD="/jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin generate"

I have noticed the POSTCMD in the init file causes it to take a long time to start on my AC56 router. When the router reboots I am pretty sure it is timing out and causing other services to not start (Diversion wont be started when I reboot with that POSTCMD in there). I had it changed to POSTCMD="" which fixed the rebooting issue. Now though the script seems to be checking that file every time it starts and replacing my fixed version with its own again. Does that POSTCMD really need to be in there?

After upgrading my firmware to 384.14, the ntp servers were set to four pool hosts.

Invoking ntpMerlin put my configuration back.

I have this weird situation where I update the firmware from the GUI, it run all the way to the end, but it only says completed.

The build number doesn't change nor does it reboot. What possibly could I be doing wrong.

I double checked that I was the correct firmware version and firmware type for my router

I have this weird situation where I update the firmware from the GUI, it run all the way to the end, but it only says completed.

The build number doesn't change nor does it reboot. What possibly could I be doing wrong.

I double checked that I was the correct firmware version and firmware type for my router
What router and which program do you try to update with?