What's new

Tutorial pyLoad Download Manager through Optware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Has anyone tried using NTFS instead of ext

just tried using NTFS , pyload runs but doesnt allow me to download anything, the downloads icon on the webpage shows as off and no matter what i do it wont come on , is there anything that can be done to fix this or is it just a case of pyload not currently supporting NTFS?

Has anyone tried using NTFS instead of ext

I do.
I have a verbatim 2TB usb 2.0 hd. I made 2 partition, the first one is EXT3, about 2 gb, and the other one il NTFS.
I've called the EXT3 "sda" and the NTFS "storage".
Then i followed this tutorial and installed pyload in the ext3 partition, than during installation I chose to download the files into the NTFS partition.
It works fine, pyload download and unrar the files with no problem.
The only issue is moving files from computer to the hd attached at the ruter, the tranfer speed is very slow, about 6 mb/s, instead 30 mb/s whed hd is directly connected to the pc.
I think it's because of the pyload service keep on running in the other partition of the disk...

I read somewhere in the web that is possible to install Jdownloader on some Qnap nas, starting from optware -> debian -> vnc server -> java -> jdownlaoder.
I'm totally noob in this, I just wanna ask if is this possible also in our router...
Thank you

Hi TeHashX

Thanks for your help on installing Entware. Got both entware and transmission working normally :cool: Do i setup Pyload with the same commands found in this post which i previously had installed in optware ? Or is there another guide for entware.Thanks again for all your help ;)

Hi TeHashX

Thanks for your help on installing Entware. Got both entware and transmission working normally :cool: Do i setup Pyload with the same commands found in this post which i previously had installed in optware ? Or is there another guide for entware.Thanks again for all your help ;)

It's almost the same, only few things changed:

Code:
opkg install pyload
cd /opt/share/python/pyload
python pyLoadCore.py --changedir --configdir=/opt/etc/pyload/.pyload
[I]enter
enter[/I]
cd /opt/etc/pyload/.pyload
/usr/sbin/openssl genrsa -out ssl.key
/usr/sbin/openssl req -new -key ssl.key -out ssl.csr
/usr/sbin/openssl req -days 36500 -x509 -key ssl.key -in ssl.csr > ssl.crt

cd /opt/share/python/pyload
python pyLoadCore.py -s
now follow the rest of tutorial from the first page, if you have issues, ask stradino because he installed pyload from entware too

Ok pyload seems to have installed ok but the server won't start with /opt/etc/init.d/S95Pyload start :confused:

Look in init.d folder, has another name on entware
ls -l /opt/etc/init.d

Sent from my HTC One S

Last edited:
No :) ls -l /opt/etc/init.d is the command to list files in init.d folder
Code:
admin@RT-AC66U:/tmp/home/root# ls -l /opt/etc/init.d
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root           438 Oct 14 17:42 S51pyload
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root           192 Aug 17 18:28 S70mysqld
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root           228 May  8 15:26 S80lighttpd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root           229 Aug 17 20:06 S88transmission
-rwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root          1673 May 20 17:39 S99debian
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    root          2788 May  8 12:47 rc.func
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root           841 May  8 12:47 rc.unslung
Now pyload is named S51pyload
On entware, pyload will start automatically on every router reboot and don't need to create another startup script, if you want to start manually, type:
Code:
/opt/etc/init.d/S51pyload start

No :) ls -l /opt/etc/init.d is the command to list files in init.d folder
Code:
admin@RT-AC66U:/tmp/home/root# ls -l /opt/etc/init.d
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root           438 Oct 14 17:42 S51pyload
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root           192 Aug 17 18:28 S70mysqld
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root           228 May  8 15:26 S80lighttpd
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root           229 Aug 17 20:06 S88transmission
-rwxrwxrwx    1 admin    root          1673 May 20 17:39 S99debian
-rw-r--r--    1 admin    root          2788 May  8 12:47 rc.func
-rwxr-xr-x    1 admin    root           841 May  8 12:47 rc.unslung
Now pyload is named S51pyload
On entware, pyload will start automatically on every router reboot and don't need to create another startup script, if you want to start manually, type:
Code:
/opt/etc/init.d/S51pyload start
Aaaaa ok that makes more sense now :p I will try that ...

Thanks

Hi TeHashX

Just installed Pyload and everything is working as before on optware. The Pyload installation and entware was installed on sda5 one of the the partitions i have on my disk.On optware i had my transmission installation and optware on sda6 on my drive.I had issues in the past with putting those 2 on one disk so i separated them.Do i have to do the same with entware ? :eek:

Hi TeHashX

Just installed Pyload and everything is working as before on optware. The Pyload installation and entware was installed on sda5 one of the the partitions i have on my disk.On optware i had my transmission installation and optware on sda6 on my drive.I had issues in the past with putting those 2 on one disk so i separated them.Do i have to do the same with entware ? :eek:

Try and see after, may work ok on both ways.

Sent from my HTC One S

Last edited:
Try and see after, may work ok on both ways.

Sent from my HTC One S
Installed both on the same partition.Transmission starts on restarting the router but Pyload doesn't so the start script must be inserted manually in putty.

This is my post-mount script

!/bin/sh
sleep 5
/opt/etc/init.d/S88transmission start
/opt/etc/init.d/S51Pyload start

Then

chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/post-mount
reboot

is this correct for entware :confused:

Last edited:
Download speeds

Just upgraded from the ac66u to the ac68u and I'm finding that download speeds for pyload are now much quicker , I'd posted earlier about speed issues with the ac66u or rather just limitations.

Data transfer speeds are a lot better but wifi speeds aren't currently as fast as the ac66u which is the only bad point so far.

Hello, I've installed pyLoad 0.4.9 on my ASUS RT-AC68U (optware). It seems to be working ok but it crashes at random points when downloading. I just have to start it and it resumes the downloads until it crashes again. It doesn't state anything in the Logs tab. Can you please help me with this? I can't use it if it crashes all the time.

Thank you in advance...

Hello, I've installed pyLoad 0.4.9 on my ASUS RT-AC68U (optware). It seems to be working ok but it crashes at random points when downloading. I just have to start it and it resumes the downloads until it crashes again. It doesn't state anything in the Logs tab. Can you please help me with this? I can't use it if it crashes all the time.

Thank you in advance...

I don't have a rt-ac68u to test, give me more details about you configuration: usb hdd file system, other packages installed...

I don't have a rt-ac68u to test, give me more details about you configuration: usb hdd file system, other packages installed...
Hello, thanks for your response.

I have 1 usb flash drive and 1 WD external HDD installed. The flash drive has 2 partitions, 1st is ext2 for optware (1.2GB) and the second is ext4 for data (downloads etc.) (28.1GB). For some reason if I run the command mount on ssh I get:
Code:
/dev/sdb1 on /tmp/mnt/optware type ext4 (rw,nodev,relatime,barrier=1,data=writeback)
/dev/sdb2 on /tmp/mnt/data type ext4 (rw,nodev,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)
but I know the optware partition is ext2.

The other drive is NTFS and I only have it there to share it with smb.

The only other package I have installed is transmission which works perfectly.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!