What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting request [for me anyway]. What are you doing to make ICMP more time sensitive than it currently is?

I had it on AdvancedTomato and my gameplays feelt really smooth when I had that enabled. But it feels more smooth with this script and fq_codel on, dont think its need it tbh.

Hello to all.
I apologize If this has been discussed before.

I need to assign espn category to video streaming.

espn has the mark 0d0023
AFEB8B34-64D2-41D9-9BAB-9C1E20A53DAA.png

I added it to the custom appdb redirection and waited 10 minutes
Espn still shows as web surfing
8BB3C089-F5E9-4B68-B87B-E7162375F47D.png

Is there anything I’m missing to do?

thanks

Hello to all.
I apologize If this has been discussed before.

I need to assign espn category to video streaming.

espn has the mark 0d0023
View attachment 19051

I added it to the custom appdb redirection and waited 10 minutes
Espn still shows as web surfing
View attachment 19052

Is there anything I’m missing to do?

thanks

let me ask you the obvious question - you DID restart the firewall after making that change, right?

Yes. Applying changes restart everything but I did restarted router and waited for scripts to start
let me ask you the obvious question - you DID restart the firewall after making that change, right?

Last edited:
@FreshJR Good to hear from you. I'm glad the project hasn't been abandoned.

Question to anyone who may assist....I have 2 xbox ones and they (microsoft) recommend using IPV6 for better connectivity, however, it was mentioned here in earlier post that if you're using the Fresh script it's recommended to turn off IPV6 due limitations...is that correct? I'm using the script and both my xbox have a static IP with gaming enabled. Would using IPV6 hurt my gaming experience i.e. lag, latency etc.... or for now only use IPV4?
Can anyone share any wisdom on this? What wld be the outcome on enabling IPV6 on the router and using the FreshJr script? Comcast offers IPV6 and I was trying to enable it in order to use with the Xbox ones.

Can anyone share any wisdom on this? What wld be the outcome on enabling IPV6 on the router and using the FreshJr script? Comcast offers IPV6 and I was trying to enable it in order to use with the Xbox ones.

I use it w/ IPv6. If you need to assign special rules to particular devices, you have to manually add your IPv6 rules to the script as the webUI only handles IPv4.

I use it w/ IPv6. If you need to assign special rules to particular devices, you have to manually add your IPv6 rules to the script as the webUI only handles IPv4.
can you elaborate on how add IPV6 rules to the script? Step by step for a noob? THanks!!!

I'm pretty sure that I read that fresh jr was actually working on support for IPv6 and he somewhat hit a road block trying to get it enabled.

I got another issue. When my girlfriend is watching netflix or youtube my game lagging a lil bit (its a tiny hit marker delay). Its more smooth when she dosn't watch movies at all. Any solution for this? Or should I go for a stronger router like asus rt-ac86u?

I got another issue. When my girlfriend is watching netflix or youtube my game lagging a lil bit (its a tiny hit marker delay). Its more smooth when she dosn't watch movies at all. Any solution for this? Or should I go for a stronger router like asus rt-ac86u?
Im having same issues, however, Im playing wireless though.

Did you set the priority to the same order as the first page by setting it to custom then as the first page says to?

Yes, I have 92-95 in speedtest so I sett the speed to 85/85 with fq_codel
It should not be an issue if your priorities list looks like this

VoIP
Gaming
Others
Web Surfing
Video and Audio Streaming
File Transfers

Because gaming would be over streaming

It should not be an issue if your priorities list looks like this

VoIP
Gaming
Others
Web Surfing
Video and Audio Streaming
File Transfers

Because gaming would be over streaming
Yes thats corrects, its so weird.. Chromecast is using 5GHZ and Ps4 wired.. it works flawless then she streams I feel a lil bit delay, its alright I can play with it but maybe the performance of this router is weak or is it the wifi somehow?

Yes thats corrects, its so weird.. Chromecast is using 5GHZ and Ps4 wired.. it works flawless then she streams I feel a lil bit delay, its alright I can play with it but maybe the performance of this router is weak or is it the wifi somehow?
I can't remember if you said that you had a fibre optic connection?

You might want to enable the optional gaming rules for the PS4 which will set all of its traffic as gaming.

I can't remember if you said that you had a fibre optic connection?

You might want to enable the optional gaming rules for the PS4 which will set all of its traffic as gaming.
Yes thats correct I have fiber. Oh ok awesome. I appreciate that. Where can I find this optional gaming rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!