What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo!

I noticed in the classification that my PS4 uses port 3074 for CoD is listed as XBOX. Does it matter? I mean if the port 3074 is listed as gaming then it should be fine? Or is it anyway to change it
It should no matter it would detect it the same way it would pick up any other recognised traffic, only Asus or trend micro could change the classification.

Both cod and Xbox use 3074 by default.

Is it possible to use hfsc and change tcp algorithm?
Due to the closed source nature of adaptive QoS I'd say it's possible, but not likely, unless you can create some sort of work around, but RMerlin or fresh jr would be the best people to ask but I can feel that he is going to say no.

But if you ask they might be able to help you create the workaround if it's possible.

I noticed my game in CoD Bo4 goes listed as game downloads in FreshJR QOS. I also noticed that on Advanced Tomato it's shows major p2p connections and just a tiny bit as voip/game. Is it really dedicated servers in this game or is something messed up?

I noticed my game in CoD Bo4 goes listed as game downloads in FreshJR QOS. I also noticed that on Advanced Tomato it's shows major p2p connections and just a tiny bit as voip/game. Is it really dedicated servers in this game or is something messed up?
The game is P2P Dedi is for match making if IRC in options network connection Meyer it says connection to host, unless that just for zombies.

It's not true "dedicated" as I noticed. Connection's seems random most of the games I play.. I haven't got fq_codel to work properly either. I'm having more latency with fq_codel then sfq which is weird. Any suggestions?

It's not true "dedicated" as I noticed. Connection's seems random most of the games I play.. I haven't got fq_codel to work properly either. I'm having more latency with fq_codel then sfq which is weird. Any suggestions?
You have to use 95% of speed test.net bandwidth of both up and down.

Which connection type do you have fiber DSL cable?

Did you Install the script, if not would you like me to help you with it if so just send me a pm.

You have to use 95% of speed test.net bandwidth of both up and down.

Which connection type do you have fiber DSL cable?

Did you Install the script, if not would you like me to help you with it if so just send me a pm.
Yes I have it install.

Asus RT-AC68U C1. Script installed. Adoptive Qos + fq_codel. Dont know what to set packet overhead... I have fiber.

Yes I have it install.

Asus RT-AC68U C1. Script installed. Adoptive Qos + fq_codel. Dont know what to set packet overhead... I have fiber.
Eithernet with vlan, if that has no change then try 44.

Make sure to do a speed test first on speed test.net get the average speed both up and down and in the router only use 95% of the speed values you got.

Ok I will try. Thanks. I used to throttle my connection around 50% to get good bufferbloat... i have 100/100, is thottling that hard good even if you get good results?

Ok I will try. Thanks. I used to throttle my connection around 50% to get good bufferbloat... i have 100/100, is thottling that hard good even if you get good results?
That's too much set the priority que the same as what is on the first page use the custom priority setting.

Can throttling to hard cause congestions? Okok, I had Adoptive like this

Attachments

• 206310E8-5955-4612-9076-639294088279.jpeg
    206310E8-5955-4612-9076-639294088279.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 338
Yes because you are shirking the amount of lanes in the virtual highway.

Priority should be set like this from the first page.

VoIP
Gaming
Others
Web Surfing
Video and Audio Streaming
File Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!