What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well why we use Reserved vs Static naming conventions. Reserved means ON the router and Static means ON the device. Yes I get what your saying.

I have both methods here, Several printers, NAS and Cameras that all use Static ON the devices. All other devices like PCs, Pads and gaming consoles use Reserved addresses ON the router.

Been doing this for 20 years. We all have experiences. Just saying.

If your still seeing issues at some point, you might factory reset, then manually load FW from your desktop then set up from scratch and see. Could also be something on your system too that maybe causing some problems. Disconnect all and add one device as a time if you want to check for this.
Understood.

Have already gone through disconnecting all and adding one at a time last week. Issue happened even with only one device (My PC) on the wired LAN in safe mode with networking.

Hey guys

Just got this router. My 2.4 ghz network is non existent even tho it says its there. my firmware version is 3.0.0.4.382_12184.

Edit: after a factory reset, i only have 1 2.4 and 1 5ghz connection. its like I can only have 2 connections at same time. After 3rd reset i got all of them, but 2.4ghz disappeared after a while

Will a new firmware version be out today?
Do you have smart connect enabled? If so, only one SSID will show and the rest will simply be utilized after a connection is requested from the client. When I have that enabled only my 5Ghz SSID shows. I had to disable it though because some of my WiFi devices, like IP cams, don't see the WiFi network then. Has to be a straight 2.4Ghz SSID.

I hope we could somehow convince asus to buy back this crappy router to upgrade to the 9600 i would deff do that

You might try the beta as well.

What wireless modes are you using for 2.4Ghz? What channels? Auto or try 1, 6 or 11 and test.
Test the 2.4Ghz radio with WPA disabled and see if the devices can connect and remain connected. Re-enable WPA2 and AES only on manual channel 11 and test.

If you see the problem continues, possible that you have a faulty router.

Hey guys

Just got this router. My 2.4 ghz network is non existent even tho it says its there. my firmware version is 3.0.0.4.382_12184.

Edit: after a factory reset, i only have 1 2.4 and 1 5ghz connection. its like I can only have 2 connections at same time. After 3rd reset i got all of them, but 2.4ghz disappeared after a while

Will a new firmware version be out today?

Hello danoz0r
No one in the forum here is directly linked with ASUS so there is no definite dates on release. Only what a few of the members are getting from their contacts via open tickets and friends.

The beta linked to in page 26 of the forum is the stable code so far compared against the production firmware released in June 2017. 3.0.0.4.382_12184. A few people tried to roll back to earlier versions but that seems to break even other features.

You might try the beta as well.

What wireless modes are you using for 2.4Ghz? What channels? Auto or try 1, 6 or 11 and test.
Test the 2.4Ghz radio with WPA disabled and see if the devices can connect and remain connected. Re-enable WPA2 and AES only on manual channel 11 and test.

If you see the problem continues, possible that you have a faulty router.

Gave that a try still same problem.

Guess ill just return it. Kind wish I didn't get rid of my old rt-ac5300. Any advice for new router?

I have a GT powered up here, but also a triplet of Velops I got for $280. Which route would you go?
Return the GT-AC5300 and keep the Velop (especially for the price).

Let's be honest, I like to tinker around - I am not remotely utilizing the features and power of the GT-AC5300 :D

I have a GT powered up here, but also a triplet of Velops I got for $280. Which route would you go?
Return the GT-AC5300 and keep the Velop (especially for the price).

Let's be honest, I like to tinker around - I am not remotely utilizing the features and power of the GT-AC5300 :D
I Heared velops are slow compared to Orbi. That true ?

Find another RT if that one worked for you. Or try another GT. Again, you might have a bad unit.

Gave that a try still same problem.

Guess ill just return it. Kind wish I didn't get rid of my old rt-ac5300. Any advice for new router?

I was playing on my Xbox last night and uploaded 2 TB to my SAS Server and my ping went up to 150+ from 35 like it usually is. This is very bad. I never had issues uploading to local network on the RT-AC5300. I also have my Xbox plugged in to game port 1. So it should have had the priority.

Do you have QOs set up ? Just because its on game port 1 doesn't mean it's got priority unless you ensure it's set up for it.

I was playing on my Xbox last night and uploaded 2 TB to my SAS Server and my ping went up to 150+ from 35 like it usually is. This is very bad. I never had issues uploading to local network on the RT-AC5300. I also have my Xbox plugged in to game port 1. So it should have had the priority.

Are you using the release or beta. The beta fixed my QoS...

Are you using the release or beta. The beta fixed my QoS...

I'm using the release from Asus official. The current non beta one. I couldn't find the beta.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I hope we could somehow convince asus to buy back this crappy router to upgrade to the 9600 i would deff do that

You haven't even seen the 9600 yet, how do you know it's going to be better? The 9600 will be a radically different architecture.

New firmware available - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2DMsb8IRtiwV0J1aGdIODAwRVk/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2DMsb8IRtiwV0J1aGdIODAwRVk/view?usp=sharing
Security Fix
- apply patch for CVE-2017-9417
- CVE-2017-5891 and CVE-2017-5892

Add
- HDD Hibernation
- URL filter black/white list
- Allow specific IP address for SSH/Telnet/WebGUI login
- Bandwidth limiter on guest network
- URL filter support https website

Fix
- ASUSWRT GUI issue
- WTFast GUI logout issue
- Protect server crash related issue
- QoS related issues (adptive QoS / Bandwidth limiter)
- IPTV related issue
- OVPN permission issue
- VPN related issues
- Memory leak issue
- 802.1x related issues
- AiCloud related issues

Modify
- Update smart sync API
- Compatibility improvement with USB-N53
- web history enable/disable mechanism
- LAN link rate

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!