What's new

RT-BE88U (BE7200 US BB) is it possible to disable Wifi 7?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Right now I will not need it, ideally if I can disable it, thanks
Yes. Login to the router using your browser. Click on Wireless under the Advanced Settings, then go to the Professional tab. You can disable WiFi 7 for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios there. You may have to reboot after disabling it for each radio.

Yes. Login to the router using your browser. Click on Wireless under the Advanced Settings, then go to the Professional tab. You can disable WiFi 7 for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios there. You may have to reboot after disabling it for each radio.
Please could you check what kernel version (ssh uname -a) is running on the router, thanks

I’ve no idea, not sure how to do that with an iPhone or Mac.
Enable SSH in the Administration section of the router, then from macOS terminal use the ssh command to connect to the router’s IP, then once conected run the shell command uname -a

Last edited:
Enable SSH in the Administration section of the router, then from macOS terminal use the ssh command to connect to the router’s IP, then once conected run the shell command uname -a
I have WiFi7 disabled for the same reason.
Here's the output of
Bash:
uname -a
from my router, if it helps.
Bash:
vlad@RT-BE88U-C318:/tmp/home/root# uname -a
Linux RT-BE88U-C318 4.19.275 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 18 20:15:25 CST 2024 aarch64

I have WiFi7 disabled for the same reason.
Here's the output of
Bash:
uname -a
from my router, if it helps.
Bash:
vlad@RT-BE88U-C318:/tmp/home/root# uname -a
Linux RT-BE88U-C318 4.19.275 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 18 20:15:25 CST 2024 aarch64
Thank you

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!