What's new

[Test builds] 380.58 alpha builds are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

My AC 87u has also been doing this for several versions 380.57 onward. The log for me looks like this:

Mar 9 17:27:40 miniupnpd[1319]: upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer

Jul 31 19:00:11 syslogd started: BusyBox v1.20.2

The event before the crash varies, and is hardly ever the same. Happens about 3 times a day and is driving me nuts!

Mine doesn't even get that far. It locks up hard where even the router ip does not respond to ping and the web interface is no longer accessible. i'm trying to setup a syslog server to log to, but for now i'm back to 56_2

upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer

I got this message in the log since 378.55 but only when im closing Utorrent or removing torrents in the download lists.Router dont lock up and router is accessible, and i dont loose internet.
Just for share :)

upnp_event_recv: recv(): Connection reset by peer

I just ignore them :cool:

Last edited:
As I said, the error that precedes the crash varies greatly. Also, I have my Synology NAS as a syslog server, and it reflects the same information as the System Log in the router.

For instance, today, I have 0 days 19 hours 5 minute(s) 2 seconds of uptime. It may go for several days, and then will just "blank out, reboot". All clients disconnect, and wait for it to reboot. Very frustrating... I do have over 70 devices connected, but I can't imagine that would be stressing it.

For instance, today, I have 0 days 19 hours 5 minute(s) 2 seconds of uptime. It may go for several days, and then will just "blank out, reboot". All clients disconnect, and wait for it to reboot. Very frustrating... I do have over 70 devices connected, but I can't imagine that would be stressing it.

70 devices connected? Which router model?

I think that would be stressing it 'a little'. ;)

More like 70 devices associated and not actively engaged in transfer or doing same thing.

Hi Merlin,

Can you please look into the issue of OpenVPN selective routing not working in some configurations? For example, the default table 111 after setting up the routing in the GUI is

42.60.195.254 dev vlan10 scope link
192.168.1.0/24 dev br0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.1.1
42.60.194.0/23 dev vlan10 proto kernel scope link src 42.60.195.62
100.64.16.0/21 dev tun11 proto kernel scope link src 100.64.16.2
127.0.0.0/8 dev lo scope link

What I have to do is to flush table 111, and run the command "ip route add default via 100.64.16.2 dev tun11 table 111".

default via 100.64.16.2 dev tun11

This line makes everything work. Any ideas why this is happening?

are you using the test build which is the subject of this thread?

More like 70 devices associated and not actively engaged in transfer or doing same thing.
The only devices constantly send/rec are 6 720p security cameras and the NAS they write to. Most devices send very little data. The kids devices and game consoles when active, but I don't see high cpu usage before the crashes. It's just as if the router flakes out and randomly reboots.

The only devices constantly send/rec are 6 720p security cameras and the NAS they write to. Most devices send very little data. The kids devices and game consoles when active, but I don't see high cpu usage before the crashes. It's just as if the router flakes out and randomly reboots.

Which bands are you using to connect? Also I assume you have rt-ac87u

@RMerlin, is this version of firmware 380-58 alpha3-gcf77301 your latest?

No. It's already at alpha 4. I believe there will either be a couple of beta builds before being released as 380.58 RMerlin will update us.

I just wondering. If i set to AP mode. Will it decrease cpu usage? And can i set to use dhcp? So i can manage the users from the asus router? Thx

Edit. Btw. Will Qos and Lan acceleration works too?
@RMerlin

I just wondering. If i set to AP mode. Will it decrease cpu usage? And can i set to use dhcp? So i can manage the users from the asus router? Thx

Edit. Btw. Will Qos and Lan acceleration works too?
@RMerlin

Yes and yes
QoS and HW acceleration will not work, as you are basically making it an L2 bridge and you don`t need Acceleration the anyway, as traffic won`t pass the CPU ;)

Yes and yes
QoS and HW acceleration will not work, as you are basically making it an L2 bridge and you don`t need Acceleration the anyway, as traffic won`t pass the CPU ;)
But lan to wifi will be controlled by cpu? (Lan on asus wireless on asus)? And can i make dhcp handled by the asus? Rather the isp router? Cuz the speed for transfering etc on isp router sucks[emoji14]

But lan to wifi will be controlled by cpu? (Lan on asus wireless on asus)? And can i make dhcp handled by the asus? Rather the isp router? Cuz the speed for transfering etc on isp router sucks[emoji14]

To be more precise, network traffic does not pass CPU.
No you cannot run DHCP server on it, when using AP mode...but you can obtain DHCP IP address for management purposes, if you prefer.
Same goes for firewall, etc, etc...

You pretty much loose all L3 functions in AP mode, which also means that Guest Wifi can access your whole network, as there is no firewall rules in place to segment it.

To be more precise, network traffic does not pass CPU.
No you cannot run DHCP server on it, when using AP mode...but you can obtain DHCP IP address for management purposes, if you prefer.
So. If i wanna transfer from lan asus to wireless asus. Will it handled by asus cpu?

So. If i wanna transfer from lan asus to wireless asus. Will it handled by asus cpu?

AFAIK no, they are just one big "bridge group" running behind Switch chip, without direct CPU Intervention.
Also we are going quite offtopic already.

Also as I lost my crystal ball, I have no idea what Model we are talking about.

So. Is it better i use router mode? I will dmz the static asus ip on my isp router. So the dhcp and other upnp will be configured by asus. Its fine right? :)

There is no "better" or "correct way", it all depends on exact usage scenario....
If you wan`t to keep your ISP router, I would personally use an AP mode to avoid double NAT, but it depends on circumstances what else I would need to run on that Asus.
If L3 capabilities (QoS, Firewall, "proper" Guest Wifi, etc) are required, AP mode would be out of the question.