What's new

[Test builds] 380.58 alpha builds are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

There is no "better" or "correct way", it all depends on exact usage scenario....
If you wan`t to keep your ISP router, I would personally use an AP mode to avoid double NAT, but it depends on circumstances what else I would need to run on that Asus.
If L3 capabilities (QoS, Firewall, "proper" Guest Wifi, etc) are required, AP mode would be out of the question.
Well i need guest and things asus have. Maybe i use router mode. But if i wanna extend using extender. On extender i need to use ap mode? And connect to router using cat cable right?

@RMerlin, is this version of firmware 380-58 alpha3-gcf77301 your latest?

The latest publicly available, yes. The github code is a bit newer, and I'm working in parallel on 380.59 based on newer (unreleased) GPL code.

I see Asus has made some alpha builds available with the MU-MIMO driver, so I'll probably provide a pre-alpha (how do you call something BEFORE alpha anyway? :p ) for the RT-AC88U during the weekend.

has made some alpha builds available with the MU-MIMO driver, so I'll probably provide a pre-alpha (how do you call something BEFORE alpha anyway? :p ) for the RT-AC88U during the weekend.

Please make this available for the AC3100 as well if possible.

thank you, waiting for AC68U....i hope will be soon. i have to test if will IPTV working with newest firmware....

The latest publicly available, yes. The github code is a bit newer, and I'm working in parallel on 380.59 based on newer (unreleased) GPL code.

I see Asus has made some alpha builds available with the MU-MIMO driver, so I'll probably provide a pre-alpha (how do you call something BEFORE alpha anyway? :p ) for the RT-AC88U during the weekend.
I would be really interested to try out.

When we will enjoy a new final release? I,m very interested on new IPTV and VOIP profiles and new tweak and hacks tools. I was thinking to install latest alpha but according to some forum members there are some problems with IPTV.

When we will enjoy a new final release?

Use search and find the following from RMerlin himself (repeated many, many times); it will be ready when it is ready. ;)

Patience is required.

Please make this available for the AC3100 as well if possible.

The new code I have is only reliably compilable for the RT-AC88U. The RT-AC5300 for instance crashes with a boot loop. While the RT-AC3100 should in theory be safe, I don't want to chance it.

When we will enjoy a new final release? I,m very interested on new IPTV and VOIP profiles and new tweak and hacks tools. I was thinking to install latest alpha but according to some forum members there are some problems with IPTV.

The IPTV problems will most likely be there in 380.58 final, as I have no way of debugging/testing it.

Good afternoon I installed the alpha 3 for router asus rt-ac87u and have activated pptp vpn ip with dynamic data dyndns.org ddns well as the first problem is that it gives me authentication error and the second is that the speed that I have 300megas contracted to do a speed test me down to 210-240megas.
Anyone know because due ...
I am very interested in vpn subject because I go much in applications that need a connection privada..tipo bank, etc ..
thanks and regards..

Hello, can somebody confirm if the "Movistar triple vlan" profile is available in the merlin 380.58 builds for the RT-AC3200 router ? I may jump to it from asuswrt official and help test the IPTV issues if positive...

Hello, can somebody confirm if the "Movistar triple vlan" profile is available in the merlin 380.58 builds for the RT-AC3200 router ? I may jump to it from asuswrt official and help test the IPTV issues if positive...

Its present, but don't work fine

i hold thumbs up to working IPTV....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

bayern1975 check your config. Just upgraded to alpha3 and IPTV and voip profile "Movistar Triple Vlan" working fine (still testing) with deco and VLC. I'm going to check voip.

bayern1975 check your config. Just upgraded to alpha3 and IPTV and voip profile "Movistar Triple Vlan" working fine (still testing) with deco and VLC. I'm going to check voip.
i tested yet alpha3 but did not got picture over udpxy....but my provider is not movistar....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

Is this "pre-alpha" :D build still planned and maybe available this weekend ? I am also very interested to get my hands on it, especially i have a MU-MIMO capable wireless card working in my main PC.