What's new

[ 3004.388.8 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopus

Part of the Furniture

No support with this builds!

3004.388.8 (xx-xxx-2024)
- NEW: Rewrote VPN killswitch implementation. The new method
uses an always present routing rule to prohibit access to
the main routing table, so it will be active even if the
user manually stops a client. Removing the prohibit rule
requires disabling the killswitch on the webui.
The rules are also created before WAN goes up, to reduce
the risks of leaks between WAN going up and VPN connecting.
- NEW: Added killswitch support for WireGuard clients.
- UPDATED: Chart.js was upgraded from 2.x to 3.9, to share the
same version used by Asus. Any third party addon
that used it will need to upgrade their charts to
the new version.
- UPDATED: wget to 1.24.5.
- CHANGED: Removed stop/start and "Start with WAN" buttons from
OpenVPN clients. There is now just a single
"Enable" option, which will immediately start the
client when applying changes, and will also start it
automatically when WAN comes up. This is to reduce
confusion, better integrate into SDN, and match how
WireGuard clients already worked.
- FIXED: JS error on Wifi 6e/7 models when toggling DDNS.
- REMOVED: Wifi Radar was removed (unsupported by Wifi 7 devices,
and security issues cited by Asus in their own recent
releases).

Last edited:
so far all working well after 45 days of 388-7 , 388-8 has staryed off well
Thanks again for an easy update

After a quick check of the usual suspects, running solid on the Router and Nodes, add on scripts were checked and updated before applying the Alpha all around.
Only 11 Mins in, all good so far, after a few hours will dig a little deeper

1718668513656.png

After a quick check of the usual suspects, running solid on the Router and Nodes, add on scripts were checked and updated before applying the Alpha all around.
Only 11 Mins in, all good so far, after a few hours will dig a little deeper

View attachment 59534
So far so good, haven't run into anything as of yet
1718732458183.png

Is this firmware based on last one with VLAN support for ASUS RT-AX86U PRO?
No. Guest Network Pro/VLAN support is part of the 3006.x firmware not the 388.x firmware. As of now if you need VLAN/Guest Network Pro support for a RT-AX86U Pro you will have to use the stock Asus 3.0.0.6.102_34313 firmware.
PS: To stave off the next question. No, the Asus-Merlin 3006.102.1 beta firmware does not support any routers other than RT-BE96U and GT-BE98_PRO (plus the GT-BE98 by Gnuton).
Do not ask about support for other models. 3006.102.1 will only support these two models (plus the GT-BE98 by Gnuton), and we will re-evaluate things after that realease is finalized on any other potential device to support. These must be picked in collaboration with Asus as GPL code and device samples (in the case of new devices) are necessary for each individual model.

No. Guest Network Pro/VLAN support is part of the 3006.x firmware not the 388.x firmware. As of now if you need VLAN/Guest Network Pro support for a RT-AX86U Pro you will have to use the stock Asus 3.0.0.6.102_34313 firmware.
PS: To stave off the next question. No, the Asus-Merlin 3006.102.1 beta firmware does not support any routers other than RT-BE96U and GT-BE98_PRO (plus the GT-BE98 by Gnuton).
Thank's dude)))

If you can, please help me.
My router connected to pfSense in router mode. Yes I can use in AP mode. But I want to install AdguardHome and use for whole home network. I know how to NAT forward DNS from pfSense to Asus router Adguard. But after I want to disable DCHP and NAT on Asus router and always stuck here. As understood should set statis route but always wrong. Can someone by fingers to show me.

Let say pfSense 192.168.20.1
Asus router LAN network 192168.50.0/24
Asus router itself 192.168.20.2

Thank's dude)))

My router connected to pfSense in router mode. Yes I can use in AP mode. But I want to install AdguardHome and use for whole home network. I know how to NAT forward DNS from pfSense to Asus router Adguard. But after I want to disable DCHP and NAT on Asus router and always stuck here. As understood should set statis route but always wrong. Can someone by fingers to show me.

Should be here?
Screenshot_18-6-2024_23520_192.168.20.2.jpeg

Thank's dude)))

Probably best to start a new thread topic with your question since it doesn't appear to be directly related to problems with the 3004.388.8 alpha firmware. Instead it appears you are asking a general configuration question that involves; the AddGuardHome script, pfSense, disabling DHCP and NAT on a RT-AX86U Pro router running different firmware (3.0.0.6.102_34313) than what this discussion covers.

Edit: It appears Lobster1976 started a new discussion here:

Last edited:
I have problems with resolving some sites. I have enabled DOT and DNSSEC on my AX88U PRO. There were no such problems on 388.7.

No more ROG?
For the 3006.x firmware base, no more ROG. From the ANNOUNCEMENT: Asuswrt-Merlin support underway for 3 Wifi 7 routers discussion:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...for-3-wifi-7-routers.90126/page-5#post-909548
I decided I will be dropping support for the ROG UI with 3006. Having seen that the ROG UI for the GT-98_PRO had issues, I didn't feel like debugging these on top of the rest of the UI work already required for the regular 3006 UI.

Just updated my GT-AX6000 router and update went fine.
Still my SSD disk not mount when router restart after updating program.
Have to unplug and plug in again to get it mounted.

Thanks for new software.

24 hours after a dirty installation clean running! No hiccups to observe!
Waiting for beta...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!