What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.270.24 BETA 4 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be usefull to make direct copies between NAS and a USB disk plugged on the router ?

GH

Yes, provided that either the NAS can move data (backups?) to a NFS mount, or you were to mount the NAS's share on the router (that last part hasn't been tested yet, current focus is on the server side of NFS).

While trying to work out why my internet is running slowly I just found my General Log full of the following messages:

Feb 8 18:47:07 bcrelay[589]: ignored ENOBUFS from sendto(), temporary shortage of buffer memory

There was a very large backup running to my hard disk (attached to the router) of maybe 200Gb and my memory stats show the following:

Memory
Total 234.25 MB
Free 63.41 MB
Buffers 0.27 MB
Swap usage 0.00 / 0.00 MB

Sounds like you ran out of memory indeed. If you run any application or Download Master, this will also significantly reduce the amount of available memory.

Hello Merlin,
here are some answers:
- Yes I can ping the server
- I am accessing the server via the IP (192.168.1.111)

Sounds like it was a name resolution issue then. Could be that the Master Browser on your network ended up being a computer or device that had a firewall preventing browsing.

I keep seeing this in my log, any ideal what exactly this means guys?

kernel: br0: received tcn bpdu on port 2(eth1)
kernel: br0: topology change detected, propagating

Look's like I forgot to set wireless channel on the 2.4ghz band, which was causing this to be posted every couple minutes.

Nope still seeing this being logged often, both wireless bands have set channel's now also. Any clue what this means?

lilstone87 - This might not be related to the beta firmware.

You might have connected 2 switch ports together with the same cable, creating a loop. I think your syslog msg might have something to do with Spanning Tree Protocol. Spanning Tree Protocol is used when network administrators want redundancy between nodes.

Or you might have a loop somewhere else in your network.

Good luck!

Nope still seeing this being logged often, both wireless bands have set channel's now also. Any clue what this means?

Last edited:

Never seen that message, no idea what it means. A quick Google search reveals that you seem to have a loop in your network.

eth1 is the 2.4 GHz band. Make sure you don't have something connected with both wired and wireless at the same time.

Hmm I dunno, I know I have router connected to modem, and two range extender's connected to the router. One is connected to the 2.4ghz band, and the other is connected to the 5ghz band. I turned off Spanning Tree Protocol for now, is that being disabled really matter? As I don't exactly understand it's point of use.

Hmm I dunno, I know I have router connected to modem, and two range extender's connected to the router. One is connected to the 2.4ghz band, and the other is connected to the 5ghz band. I turned off Spanning Tree Protocol for now, is that being disabled really matter? As I don't exactly understand it's point of use.

Keep STP enabled. You shouldn't disable it unless you had a very specific reason to. STP prevents loops in your network.

Well something seems to be causing a false positive, and that same two log entry's are logged between every 1-3 minutes. I am about 99% sure nothing is connected to the router both wired/wireless at the same time. I guess I will just have to deal with the log spam from this, as I have no ideal what's causing this to be logged so often.

DDNS question ...

Hi All,
maybe it's wrong thread but I'm asking for some help ... if so please excuse me.

I'm trying to set the DDNS service with the asuscomm.com host name.
but the user interface tells me: "The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address (192.168.x.x, 10,x,x,x, or 172.16.x.x).
This router may be in the multiple-NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment."

The RTN66U has the address 192.168.1.1 and the modem I've connected to the WAN port has the address 192.168.0.1 ....

WAN is configured as "Automatic IP".
WAN, NAT and UPnP are all enabled.

Is there anyone that could give me some hint ?
Thanks & regards

Hi Merlin,

You asked if we could have a look at wireless performance on this beta firmware.

Well after using it for a few days, I notice that some wireless clients are having trouble staying connected while idle.

I have many Apple devices that intermittantly have trouble reconnecting after periods of being idle. I also have a Philips hue controller that is having the same problem, as well as a Libratone Live Airplay speaker.

In general, wifi is better, but it seems to have a problem re-associating devices.

Update,

It's bad enough that I will actually downgrade to your previous stable release. I was just using my iPad, and got disconnected while it was actually downloading a webpage. My Airplay speaker will not re-associate without being power-cycled.

Last edited:
I had the same issue.
When both Control Channels are taken out of Auto everything works much better.

Thanks for confirming that I'm not mad, or alone!

I think I'm going to flash to the previous version now. Right now, I can't even turn my lights on, which are connected to a wireless bridge! (5GHz)

I did try what you said regarding Auto channel setting, and I have also tried manual channel settings, and both have all my wireless devices, on both bands, disconnecting all day long.

BTW, I'm using an RT-N66U.

Oh, and the tiniest issue ever... I notice that the CPU is listed as a Broadcom BCM5300, and it should be BCM53003.

Last edited:
All apple products de-associate themselves from the router when they are on standby to conserve battery. If that's what you are referring to being disconnected, it's normal.

If you have problems with devices disconnecting, try toggling Enhanced interference management or WMM APSD on the Professional tab. See if it makes any difference. Disconnection while idle could possibly be related to power management - toggling the WMM APSD option might make a difference.

The CPU reports itself as a 5300 to the kernel. Must be that from the kernel's point of view there is no difference.

Hi All,
maybe it's wrong thread but I'm asking for some help ... if so please excuse me.

I'm trying to set the DDNS service with the asuscomm.com host name.
but the user interface tells me: "The wireless router currently uses a private WAN IP address (192.168.x.x, 10,x,x,x, or 172.16.x.x).
This router may be in the multiple-NAT environment and DDNS service cannot work in this environment."

The RTN66U has the address 192.168.1.1 and the modem I've connected to the WAN port has the address 192.168.0.1 ....

WAN is configured as "Automatic IP".
WAN, NAT and UPnP are all enabled.

Is there anyone that could give me some hint ?
Thanks & regards

Best you start a separate thread, as this thread is specifically for feedback on 270.24 beta. I will be locking this thread once beta test is completed. But I can already say that you will have to set your modem in bridged mode. DDNS cannot work properly (neither AiCloud) if your modem is also working as a router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support Us - Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!