What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it is running this version of Merlin, could the system log tell if it it working correct? the router is very inexpensive, but I would try the tool first probably, House is being tented for termites today, so nothing for a couple days.

Unfortunately those logs don't go far back enough for us to see any attempt to flash/update the router, it only goes back to the 27th in the logs and based on this thread you tried the flash on the 26th?

You would need to grab the logs closer to the time you attempted to update. Ideally you would clear the logs first, attempt the update/flash the latest firmware and grab the logs right after it failed.

From the ASUS download site: "*Due to core software module upgrade, if you wanna to upgrade to this version, please must update your router to 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first...". This applies to any later Asus firmware.
  1. Download/flash 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first.
  2. Flash Asus firmware of your choosing.

Last edited:
You shouldn't be using the 2.4 GHz band with a Wifi 6 device, unless that device is at a very long distance, in which case you probably still care more about connectivity than throughput.

There is no cell service at my cabin, so I put my portable devices on 2.4 GHz, and for this I've found that AX provides slightly better range than AC.

I’m not sure if this is related to this release but now I’m getting issues with the internet and this error in the log:

Code:
00:05:02 kernel: bremboard registered
00:05:02 kernel: genirq: Flags mismatch ira 36. 00000000
(brcm_36) vs. 00000000
(brcm_ 36)
00:05:02 kernel: pci 0000:00:00.0: of irq parse_pei ()
failed with rc=-22
00:05:02 kernel: pci 0000:01:00.0: of_
irg parse_pei ()
failed
with
£C=-22
00:05:02 kernel: pci 0001:00:00.0: of_irq parse_pci ()
failed
with rc=-22
00:05:02 kernel: pci 0001:01:00.0: of_irq parse_pci () failed with
rc=-22
00:05:02 kernel: broadcomThermalDrv brem-therm: init (CPU count 4 4 4 4)
00:05:05 Mastiff: init
dot: ent (8xt eviteh port: 7) (Logical Port: 15) (phyid: 26) Link UP at 1000 mbps full duplex

Now every time I restart the router I get this and this was not the case ever before.
I also lost entire internet connection and constantly dropping the WiFi connection as well.
Started last night and continued today.
Can confirm that Comcast internet connection is not the issue - if I connect the pc directly to the modem I get full speed with no drops.

Tried multiple restarts of the router and before that to be sure modem restarts as well.

Can somebody help?

1717000178865.png

anyone else seeing the router constantly sending a request to dns.msftncsi.com every minute or so? network monitoring dns query and ping are off everywhere I checked...

Quick question. Did you do a Factory Device Reset after loading 3004.388.7? You existing firmware was pretty old.

If not, you might want to try one more time. Load 3004.388.7. Do the Factory Reset then reconfigure the router.

yes, factory reset each time. I may try once more.

From the ASUS download site: "*Due to core software module upgrade, if you wanna to upgrade to this version, please must update your router to 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first...". This applies to any later Asus firmware.
  1. Download/flash 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first.
  2. Flash Asus firmware of your choosing.
try this if already running 3004.388.7?

try this if already running 3004.388.7?
Yes, if you want to go from 3004_388.7 (Merlin) to any recent Asus stock firmware, you MUST revert to 3.0.0.4.386.45898 first. Once a newer Asus stock firmware has been installed, you can install updates as they are available without reverting. If you subsequently install Merlin firmware and want to go back to Asus stock firmware, you must repeat the process. This is true for the RT-AX82U as well as the RT-AX58U (or RT-AX3000, depending on market).

Last edited:
I flashed the latest Merlin firmware for the AX11000Pro today and I was interested to change the MTU setting. I came from the original firmware. However, I could not find a way to change MTU. Is this feature not available in the Merlin firmware also?

I flashed the latest Merlin firmware for the AX11000Pro today and I was interested to change the MTU setting. I came from the original firmware. However, I could not find a way to change MTU. Is this feature not available in the Merlin firmware also?
Correct. There is no difference in Merlin in this respect.

Last edited:
28 days running 388-7 not a single entry in the logs , no drops things running perfectly ,no doubt an update will come along soon , Ill never get the 325 days with no trouble I got with my AC 3200

All going well with 3004.388.7 to 50 odd home clients on the GT-AXE16000. Only quirk is the homes two LG appliances, Stove & Fridge, will drop from the 2.4GHz connection (only supported on 2.4Ghz) after 3-4 days. I believe this started since 388.7 alpha levels & onward to today's 388.7. Same symptom occurs with the LG appliances to my GT-BE98 Pro and its 2.4GHz setup.
My 2.4GHz setup is basic for clients that only support 2.4GHz. The 2.4GHz setup, if anyone had any ideas.
View attachment 58954
View attachment 58955
View attachment 58956

Reference: Wireless levels on the GT-AXE16000 for 388.7
View attachment 58959

Look at the 2.4GHz setup posted by @Tech9.
Starting from what I had enabled/disabled on 2.4GHz settings & @Tech9 document's for 2.4GHz, created a setup of tech9's doc. On this setup my seven Roost heat/humidity devices quickly dropped from the 2.4GHz, but the two LG appliances which started this quest, now stayed online. Went into debug mode, changed three setting's at a time from the Tech9 doc to what I previously had enabled/disabled. Found all would work "in my environment", by changing only "Preamble Type from Short to Long" on my setup. e.g. LG appliances & Roost units now both stay online...yippeee.

Status
Not open for further replies.