What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3006.102.1 is now available for Wifi 7 devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gnuton beta version is available here:

I used it for a few day then reverted back to the stock firmware for now

It's because I had the weird problem where the router shown disconnected from the internet
after reboot but received WAN IP. Internet LED is showing red too.

Turning the WAN off and on from the GUI will resolve the issue until the next reboot.
I saw that there is beta1 that came out yesterday. what version did you have?

So I have a little issue. I installed Merlin beta on Asus be98 pro and it bricked it. I'm not sure what exactly went wrong as I'm not new to installing Merlin's firmware. I tried to recover using firmware restoration, which usually works, but didn't this time.

@Ritzie
Please provide the link of your chosen firmware.

Define "bricked". Does it gets stuck during boot? Does it reboots itself? Does it boots properly, but fails to provide Internet access?
No lights come on except for the power. I've tried hard resetting, unplugging for the day, restore nothing seems to work.

No lights come on except for the power. I've tried hard resetting, unplugging for the day, restore nothing seems to work.
Doesn't sound like the firmware then since the router doesn't reboot itself, especially if recovery mode fails to work as well.

Double check the procedure to put the router into recovery mode - the power LED should be flashing while in that mode. If it fails to do that, then the issue is more likely to be hardware, as the bootloader isn't touched by the firmware update.

- Unplug DC power cable from the router.
- Press and keep on holding Reset button then install back DC power cable
while still hold reset button.
- Wait another 15 seconds while still holding reset button.

Does the power LED start flashing?

- Unplug DC power cable from the router.
- Press and keep on holding Reset button then install back DC power cable
while still hold reset button.
- Wait another 15 seconds while still holding reset button.

Does the power LED start flashing?
I did try this didn't work. I think it is what Merlin said, a hardware issue. The recovery finds the router and flashes it but still doesn't work.

Doesn't sound like the firmware then since the router doesn't reboot itself, especially if recovery mode fails to work as well.

Double check the procedure to put the router into recovery mode - the power LED should be flashing while in that mode. If it fails to do that, then the issue is more likely to be hardware, as the bootloader isn't touched by the firmware update.
I kinda figured there maybe something wrong with the router itself. The recovery finds the router and flashes it but doesn't work. I have two BE98 pro's so I'm not dead in the water.

I did try this didn't work. I think it is what Merlin said, a hardware issue. The recovery finds the router and flashes it but still doesn't work.

I would try to flash back the stock firmware.

then change my PC IP Address to
Gateway: 192.168.50.1

then ping 192.168.50.1 -t

after you successfully flash back the ASUS original firmware then let it on for 5 mins
then start to press and hold reset button at the back of the router for 30 seconds then release.

see whether you can get the reply from 192.168.50.1 or not.

If you can then try to access from www.asusrouter.com

also while you are seeing it boot up when it first answers at either 192.168.50.1 or 192.168.1.1 (i would wire directly into the router from a pc turn off any other wifi or other ethernet connections and
hard code both ip addresses (192.168.50.2 and 102.168.1.2) in windows (assuming windows) to the router.. then open in command prompts in windows ping -t 192.168.50.1 and also in another window ping -t 192.168.1.1,
see attached pic for an idea what it should look like

type in this in windows in a command prompt
tftp -i PUT firmwareafile 192.168.1.1 ( or 192.168.50.1 or which ever ip answers for a very short time during boot. i believe it is 192.168.1.1) have it ready to go and only hit return when you it first answer to one of the ip addresses after a power on.

change firmware file with the firmware you want to flash.. also as mentioned then wait a good 15 minutes without touching to see if it reboots. it usually takes two boot cycles.

to install tftp in windows you may have to add it under add programs/add windows features i dont remember exactly

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-09 042441.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-09 042441.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 22
I would try to flash back the stock firmware.

then change my PC IP Address to
Gateway: 192.168.50.1

then ping 192.168.50.1 -t

after you successfully flash back the ASUS original firmware then let it on for 5 mins
then start to press and hold reset button at the back of the router for 30 seconds then release.

see whether you can get the reply from 192.168.50.1 or not.

If you can then try to access from www.asusrouter.com
Ok I'll give it try. Thanks!

also while you are seeing it boot up when it first answers at either 192.168.50.1 or 192.168.1.1 (i would wire directly into the router from a pc turn off any other wifi or other ethernet connections and
hard code both ip addresses (192.168.50.2 and 102.168.1.2) in windows (assuming windows) to the router.. then open in command prompts in windows ping -t 192.168.50.1 and also in another window ping -t 192.168.1.1,
see attached pic for an idea what it should look like

type in this in windows in a command prompt
tftp -i PUT firmwareafile 192.168.1.1 ( or 192.168.50.1 or which ever ip answers for a very short time during boot. i believe it is 192.168.1.1) have it ready to go and only hit return when you it first answer to one of the ip addresses after a power on.

change firmware file with the firmware you want to flash.. also as mentioned then wait a good 15 minutes without touching to see if it reboots. it usually takes two boot cycles.

to install tftp in windows you may have to add it under add programs/add windows features i dont remember exactly
Thanks I'll try later today

I am trying to add new record to DNS Director the Global redirection is empty list, I see there is an exception in console
1720541026497.png

I see

1720541206144.png

1720541257480.png

is there a way to solve this before waiting for the new release
Thanks

s there a way to solve this before waiting for the new release
Asus corrected the typo they did in the function name, but I didn't know it, so any of the pages that I wrote still has the old function. getVenderIconClassName() should be changed for getVendorIconClassName().