What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.46 is out (RT-AC87 only)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So the source code for build 2678 is up so when will the RMerlin build based on this version be available

http://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/11/2/0/125/eS2N4HnylxXIJYBB/8/
Do you not find yourself annoying? Because out of all your recent post, you keep asking this same damn question. Give it a rest already, as Merlin work's on his own time, not yours. When merlin post a new thread with a new release, that's when it will be out. I hope you understand, people like you, make people like Merlin stop doing what they do. Because no one here is paying there wages, as this is a free time project.

You're lucky this forum isn't run by me, as you would of been warned already, for repeately spamming same question lately. You are doing yourself no favor in the eye's of the regular's who visit the forums here often. Anyway's i am gonna apologize to Merlin for taking his thread off-topic, but i felt this needed to be said.

Last edited:
Do you not find yourself annoying? Because out of all your recent post, you keep asking this same damn question. Give it a rest already, as Merlin work's on his own time, not yours. When merlin post a new thread with a new release, that's when it will be out. I hope you understand, people like you, make people like Merlin stop doing what they do. Because no one here is paying there wages, as this is a free time project.

You're lucky this forum isn't run by me, as you would of been warned already, for repeately spamming same question lately. You are doing yourself no favor in the eye's of the regular's who visit the forums here often. Anyway's i am gonna apologize to Merlin for taking his thread off-topic, but i felt this needed to be said.
I for one would not be sorry to see that user go. They are just being a nudge now. Adios I say (as if my say counts for anything)...

Adaptive QOS and new process/slow login via SSH

Tonight I turned on Adaptive QOS on my RT-AC87 and seemed to work fine. About a 1/2 hour later I noticed when I tired to SSH into the router it took much longer to get the login prompt. But once I connect responses in the terminal session seemed to be fine. Also I am noticing that the webUI is painting a whole lot slower.

I did a PS and there is a bunch of new processes I can't identify:

Code:
1614 admin      696 S    qosd -i /dev/idpfw -f /tmp/bwdpi/qosd.conf -w vlan2 -l br0 -u 253 -b
 1618 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 1621 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 1622 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 1623 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 1624 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 1625 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 1626 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 1627 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 1628 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 1629 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 1630 admin     3208 S    wred -B
 2525 admin     3300 S <  data_colld -i 1800 -p 43200 -b -w /tmp/bwdpi/dc
 2526 admin     3300 S <  data_colld -i 1800 -p 43200 -b -w /tmp/bwdpi/dc
 2527 admin     3300 S <  data_colld -i 1800 -p 43200 -b -w /tmp/bwdpi/dc
 2528 admin     3300 S <  data_colld -i 1800 -p 43200 -b -w /tmp/bwdpi/dc
 2529 admin     3300 S <  data_colld -i 1800 -p 43200 -b -w /tmp/bwdpi/dc
 2538 admin     3300 S <  data_colld -i 1800 -p 43200 -b -w /tmp/bwdpi/dc

The first one looks like the QOS Daemon but what are all the wred and data_colld processes?

Last edited:
Tonight I turned on Adaptive QOS on my RT-AC87 and seemed to work fine. About a 1/2 hour later I noticed when I tired to SSH into the router it took much longer to get the login prompt. But once I connect responses in the terminal session seemed to be fine. Also I am noticing that the webUI is painting a whole lot slower.

I did a PS and there is a bunch of new processes I can't identify:

The first one looks like the QOS Daemon but what are all the wred and data_colld processes?

They're both related to the TrendMicro DPI engine, but both are closed-source, so there's no way to know what they do exactly in the whole DPI system.

I've been running the DPI engine for weeks here, don't have any performance issue with the web or with SSH (which I do use quite a lot on the router).

They're both related to the TrendMicro DPI engine, but both are closed-source, so there's no way to know what they do exactly in the whole DPI system.

I've been running the DPI engine for weeks here, don't have any performance issue with the web or with SSH (which I do use quite a lot on the router).

I let the new changes settle in overnight and this morning the web UI to the router seems to be back to normal along with connecting to SSH. I wonder if there is a "learning" aspect to the DPI engine.

Can any of you currently running this build give me the result of the following command (run it over SSH)?

Code:
qcsapi_sockrpc get_firmware_version wifi0

I'm just too lazy to flash back and forth to check :)

Can any of you currently running this build give me the result of the following command (run it over SSH)?

Code:
qcsapi_sockrpc get_firmware_version wifi0

I'm just too lazy to flash back and forth to check :)

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4 Tue Aug 26 04:02:29 UTC 2014
admin@RT-AC87R-7238:/tmp/home/root# qcsapi_sockrpc get_firmware_version wifi0
v36.6.0.23
admin@RT-AC87R-7238:/tmp/home/root#

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4 Tue Aug 26 04:02:29 UTC 2014
admin@RT-AC87R-7238:/tmp/home/root# qcsapi_sockrpc get_firmware_version wifi0
v36.6.0.23
admin@RT-AC87R-7238:/tmp/home/root#

Thanks - that confirms that the version does change between new releases.

I'll be reporting this version on the Sysinfo page in the next release.

Thanks - that confirms that the version does change between new releases.

I'll be reporting this version on the Sysinfo page in the next release.

I am sorry to ask this, but is it a wifi version and of what?

I am really sorry to ask but just wondering?

So the source code for build 2678 is up so when will the RMerlin build based on this version be available

http://www.asus.com/us/support/Download/11/2/0/125/eS2N4HnylxXIJYBB/8/

If you bug Merlin one more time, as a user of this forum I will make a request to the moderators to have you banned. It seems once or twice a week you ask this question in multiple threads.

Merlin will do it when he does it. Until then, please stop being a pest. He does it for free as a hobby, and owes you nothing.

Last edited:
I am sorry to ask this, but is it a wifi version and of what?

I am really sorry to ask but just wondering?

The RT-AC87U uses two separate radio from different manufacturers. The 2.4 GHz radio is from Broadcom, like used in the RT-AC68U. The 5 GHz radio however is from Quantenna, which is a completely different device, with different driver.

This command reports the version of the Quantenna driver.

ISP Bandwidth

I just got the AC87 yesterday and having challenges getting it up to the full speed of my ISP bandwidth.

I am using 1000Mbps FTTH and from my previous router (ac66), I was able to attain ~8xx dn/up link. However, no matter the stock 2678 or with Merlin's build, I could only get dn:~4xx / up:~6xx. It became even worse if I turn on AQoS dropping down to only ~2xx.

I am really baffled and appreciate if some can shed some light on what could be the culprit. I appreciate it and apologize in advance if the question is too dumb.

Cheers

I just got the AC87 yesterday and having challenges getting it up to the full speed of my ISP bandwidth.

I am using 1000Mbps FTTH and from my previous router (ac66), I was able to attain ~8xx dn/up link. However, no matter the stock 2678 or with Merlin's build, I could only get dn:~4xx / up:~6xx. It became even worse if I turn on AQoS dropping down to only ~2xx.

I am really baffled and appreciate if some can shed some light on what could be the culprit. I appreciate it and apologize in advance if the question is too dumb.

Cheers

Go to Tools -> Sysinfo and make sure nothing is being reported as disabling HW acceleration on that page. Traditional QoS and IPTraffic are two features that will do that, for instance.

Go to Tools -> Sysinfo and make sure nothing is being reported as disabling HW acceleration on that page. Traditional QoS and IPTraffic are two features that will do that, for instance.

Thanks Merlin.

The info page cited HW acceleration is Enabled (CTF +FA). I have turned off Adaptive QoS and the speed now reported back at dl:4xx/up:6xx...but it is still no where near the original speed...

Btw...all the WAN & LAN port report as 1000 Full Duplex too...

Thanks Merlin.

The info page cited HW acceleration is Enabled (CTF +FA). I have turned off Adaptive QoS and the speed now reported back at dl:4xx/up:6xx...but it is still no where near the original speed...

Btw...all the WAN & LAN port report as 1000 Full Duplex too...

Some ISPs can be funky if you switch router. Did you try powering down your ISP modem for 10-15 mins to fully reset its connection?

Also test with a different speedtest server, just in case the issue might be with the test server itself.

Finally, it can't hurt to replace the Ethernet cable between the modem and the router if you have another at hand.

Some ISPs can be funky if you switch router. Did you try powering down your ISP modem for 10-15 mins to fully reset its connection?

Also test with a different speedtest server, just in case the issue might be with the test server itself.

Finally, it can't hurt to replace the Ethernet cable between the modem and the router if you have another at hand.

Just tried resetting the modem...still no luck....

and tested all local speedtest server and got similar results....

as for the cable...I have changed to all CAT6 aldy...

shall I start to consider the router maybe a defective unit?:confused:

and tested all local speedtest server and got similar results....

as for the cable...I have changed to all CAT6 aldy...

shall I start to consider the router maybe a defective unit?:confused:

first unplug the cable modem.

flash the router with the latest asus or merlin one just one tho.

after the flash give it 5 minutes to boot up and unplug power to the router,
hold the WPS button on the back right side and while holding plug power back in and keep it held for 30 seconds.

Release button wait for the router to come back and do a skip (the router will have its defaults 192.168.1.1) just say ok to the wifi and get into the menu again and flash the router again with the exact same firmware you choose above, and wait 5 minutes and unplug again and hold the WPS button on the back right side and while holding plug power back in the router and keep it held for 30 seconds.

Now you did that 2 times.

Now plug in the cable modem, go into the router and configure password and wifi with WPA2 and a key with letters and numbers only no spaces. DO not load any previous config file at all!!

at this point you should be up and running do not do anything else and test your speed, if good, then add your config in manually one step at a time and test.

If you still get the same speed put your old router in and test, Post back with results please.

30/30/30 reset does nothing with Asus routers.

Don't just reset/reboot it - leave it turned off for at least 10 minutes.

RMerlin the new version on your github does not compile for the ac66u is there anything you can help me with to troubleshoot the problem and/or can you compile it for me