What's new

FlexQoS FlexQos Settings Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Apparently on gnuton 388.7 flowcache archer(runner) doesn’t disable itself automatically which is affecting both flexqos and cake. You need to manually disable it for either of these to work.

Runner is the successor to Flow Accelerator. It's a second level of hardware acceleration that is incompatible with a lot of router features. ~Rmerlin

If flow cache is enabled and needs to be disabled:

Code:
nvram set fc_disable_force=1
nvram commit
fc disable
fc flush

To check status:
Code:
nvram get fc_disable

To undo:
Code:
nvram unset fc_disable_force
nvram commit

Disable Archer (Runner/Flow Accelerator)

Code:
nvram set runner_disable_force=1
nvram commit

To check status:
Code:
 nvram get runner_disable

To undo:

Code:
nvram unset runner_disable_force
nvram commit

Reboot to take effect.

Edited: to add how to disable runner and correction on confusion of flowcache being the issue.

Note I can’t troubleshoot this myself until tomorrow.

Edited: Archer runner won't disable despite manually disabling. Issue posted on Gnuton Git.

Last edited:
Apparently on gnuton 388.7 flowcache doesn’t disable itself automatically which is affecting both flexqos and cake. You need to manually disable it for either of these to work.

Code:
nvram commit
fc disable
fc flush

To undo
Code:
nvram commit
fc enable
IMG_8856.jpeg

Cake

Screenshot 2024-06-23 191723.png

Screenshot 2024-06-23 191815.png

Screenshot 2024-06-23 192253.png

Respectfully before I'm disregarded by these two comments, I can confirm that I have this issue that has persisted since 388.6 and 388.7 gnuton now if that's a issue caused by upgrading the firmware I haven't a clue but I didn't catch it because of naming disambiguation. However I mistook flow cache for runner hw acceleration, either way both should be off. Rt-ax58u v2

Last edited:
It this 10/1 the real ISP speed?

No it was to test if it was working. 17down/2.30up is the actual speed of this location.

I won’t be able to get bufferbloat results until tomorrow when I’m there. I had QoS off because it wasn’t working correctly when I was testing prior I was waiting on an update or more information pertaining to the issue.

Must be beautiful. Not the Internet speed. The location.

View attachment 59735

It's actually not rural, but only cable internet is available due to a waterway canal that separates them. Before this they had Dsl which was on very old copper lines and was very long run to the nearest DSLAM.

They could get better speeds on cable they just haven't changed their plan because they were bumped up to this speed.

Live long enough on bad internet and you get use to it. lol

Now if only ISP's would adhere to Canada's plan to get households on 50/10 Mbps minimum on existing plans without a price hike that would be nice.

Too good Internet may ruin your life. At one point this place wasn't SNB Forums, but STB Forums - mainly Speed Test and Bufferbloat troubleshooting on Gigabit and above lines. It actually runs on cycles following major ISPs promotions. Coming soon for Back to School, you'll see it. 🥴

Too good Internet may ruin your life. At one point this place wasn't SNB Forums, but STB Forums - mainly Speed Test and Bufferbloat troubleshooting on Gigabit and above lines. It actually runs on cycles following major ISPs promotions. Coming soon for Back to School, you'll see it. 🥴

I’m in a similar situation myself I have fibre 16/16Mbps coming from dsl which was 10.58down/1up. Was offered fibre free of charge and couldn’t be arsed to change my plan since it was a bump. My fibre could get 1Gdown/750Mbps up, but the ISP pricing is still fairly steep with my voip landline, internet and satellite television.

Last edited:
Apparently on gnuton 388.7 flowcache archer(runner) doesn’t disable itself automatically which is affecting both flexqos and cake. You need to manually disable it for either of these to work.

If flow cache is enabled and needs to be disabled:

Code:
nvram commit
fc disable
fc flush

To undo:
Code:
nvram commit
fc enable

Disable Archer (Flow Accelerator)

Code:
nvram set runner_disable_force=1
nvram commit
runner disable

To undo:

Code:
nvram unset runner_disable_force
nvram commit

Edited to add how to disable runner and correction on confusion of flowcache being the issue.

To your "runner disable"

I received this.

novusB@Asus-RTAX3000:/tmp/home/root# runner disable
-sh: runner: not found
novusB@Asus-RTAX3000:/tmp/home/root# archer disable
Deprecated: Please use 'fc config --hw-accel 0'
novusB@Asus-RTAX3000:/tmp/home/root# fc config --hw-accel 0
Broadcom Packet Flow Cache HW acceleration <DISABLED>

To your "runner disable"

I received this.
Typo was supposed to be
Code:
nvram get runner_disable
this is to check the status

I did, still getting this error

Hm ok. Does it say it runs when you reenable flow cache or runner whichever you turned off? Thank you for being a Guinea pig tester lol I can’t test this myself until tomorrow perhaps.

Hm ok. Does it say it runs when you reenable flow cache or runner whichever you turned off? Thank you for being a Guinea pig tester lol I can’t test this myself until tomorrow perhaps.

Give me a few mins, going to reenable both.