What's new

ntpMerlin ntpMerlin - NTP Daemon for AsusWRT Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For now enabling Network Monitoring (using Ping) seems to do the trick...

This is a workaround for ntp_ready remains at 0 (does not become 1)?

Might be coincidence; I now booted with that option disabled again and ntp_ready got 1.

(I did turn off my router once; maybe that had more influence?)

It seems like that; though I would not know why...

Might be coincidence; I now booted with that option disabled again and ntp_ready got 1.

(I did turn off my router once; maybe that had more influence?)

Just more confirmation for me that the router is not in a good/known state. Maybe others can offer some logical explanation here?

Quick question, will route all ntp requests feature work with your guest Wi-Fi script?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quick question, will route all ntp requests feature work with your guest Wi-Fi script?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I predict a 'yes'! :)

YazFi allows port 123 on the router by default, so yes it should work :)

I know this will run as is on the new 384.11 with the GUI NTP server in client mode, but do you plan to set this up to allow use of the built in NTP daemon v.s. one installed from entware?

I know this will run as is on the new 384.11 with the GUI NTP server in client mode, but do you plan to set this up to allow use of the built in NTP daemon v.s. one installed from entware?
Its a possibility, but you'd lose the configuration options available in ntp.conf

I'm also unsure if the built in daemon in the alpha can be queried using ntpq.

We'll find out for sure once it goes stable so i can upgrade. As much as I'd love to test alphas, i can't risk the network going haywire while I'm out!

Its a possibility, but you'd lose the configuration options available in ntp.conf

I'm also unsure if the built in daemon in the alpha can be queried using ntpq.

We'll find out for sure once it goes stable so i can upgrade. As much as I'd love to test alphas, i can't risk the network going haywire while I'm out!
I understand that one ! Lol. :D let me know if you are actually able to get some where with it I would love to be a guinea pig.

I understand that one ! Lol. :D let me know if you are actually able to get some where with it I would love to be a guinea pig.
I suppose its a case of removing the entware ntpd package and trying the ntpq command that gathers stats in ntpmerlin

You can drop the > bit to have the result printed to the terminal

new update is awesome man

The name of my browser tab when displaying the NTP Daemon Performance Stats is "Or login to existing Lyra network - NTP Daemon". Anyone else see this?

The name of my browser tab when displaying the NTP Daemon Performance Stats is "Or login to existing Lyra network - NTP Daemon". Anyone else see this?

No, Feedback_Info.asp on my RT-AC86U.

Strange - which language? The page is using a language code:
Code:
<title><#705#> - NTP Daemon</title>
English. All other pages say "ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC86U" Only the NTP Daemon page says "Or login to existing Lyra network".