What's new

[ 3006.102 alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin FW , like the old zenith ads the quality goes in before the name goes on
<iframe width="1573" height="569" src="
" title="Zenith Radios retro commercial - The Quality Goes In Before The Name Goes On!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn, bought a ax86u pro for the vlan stuff hope we van expect the Merlin sauce soon. I don't feel like buying WiFi 7 devices. I don't even have that much WiFi 6 devices.

Hello Everybody and special thanks to Merlin for the work.

I have a question:

The beta version 9.0.0.6_102_4856 seems to include "multi-service WAN".
It should be possible to configure multi wan over one ethernet interface, by configuring sereval vlan. (usefull to share a 10G interfaces over 2 internet connections ( behind a manageable switch) in loadbalancing or active/backup)
(https://www.asus.com/global/support/faq/1050072/)

Did this feature is include in the 3006 merlin firmware ?

For now, i used a wan-int and firewall-start, nat-start script to make Multi-WAN over Vlan, and Multi-Lan over Vlan, if the next Merlin firmware include it, it will be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Damn, bought a ax86u pro for the vlan stuff hope we van expect the Merlin sauce soon. I don't feel like buying WiFi 7 devices. I don't even have that much WiFi 6 devices.
not to worry even your AC clients will see an improvement

Hello folks,

I'm currently gathering information so I can eventually modify scMerlin's SSH UI & Web GUI (and YazFi's, at some point) to support the new routers running the upcoming RMerlin's "3006.102.XXX" F/W versions.

To that end, would users currently running the 3006.102.1 Alpha version on the "RT-BE96U" or the "GT-BE98_PRO" router please provide the output of the following code?

Bash:
{
  printf "\nModel ID: [$(nvram get odmpid)]"
  printf "\nProduct ID: [$(nvram get productid)]"
  printf "\nRC_Support:\n-----------\n"
  nvram get rc_support
}

I'd appreciate the help. Thank you.
Model IDs were posted here:

As for rc_support I would have to get back to you later, I can't check them at the moment.

Did this feature is include in the 3006 merlin firmware ?
Yes for these two models. I didn`t mention it because I couldn`t find much documentation explaining what it was for, and I had no way to really test it either so I'm not 100% sure if it's working or not.

Here's the rc_support for the GT-BE98_PRO:

Code:
admin@gtbe98pro:/tmp/home/root# nvram get rc_support
mssid 2.4G 5G update usbX2 switchctrl manual_stb 11AX pwrctrl WIFI_LOGO nandflash movistarTriple wifi2017 app ofdma wpa3 reboot_schedule ipv6 ipv6pt s46 ocnvc dslite PARENTAL2 dnsfilter am_addons cake ntpd dnspriv dualwan pptpd openvpnd utf8_ssid printer modem webdav rrsut cloudsync media appnet timemachine hdspindown diskutility igd2 dnssec usb_bk email 5G-2 6G-2 bwdpi wrs_wbl dns_dpi ookla snmp tor HTTPS letsencrypt ssh vpnc vpn_fusion vpn_fusion_if repeater psta wl6 wifi_tog_btn user_low_rssi tcode usericon stainfo realip lacp alexa ipsec_srv cp_freewifi captivePortal mumimo netool cfg_sync no_finiwl betaupg amas bcmwifi boostkey bcmhnd mbo conndiag eula proxysta iperf3 wifi7 mlo account_binding gameMode owe_trans wireguard ftp_ssl acl96 dhdlog dis11b mtlancfg smart_connect_v2 wpa3-e wifi7 auto_wanport

Code:
mssid 2.4G 5G update usbX2 switchctrl manual_stb 11AX pwrctrl WIFI_LOGO nandflash movistarTriple wifi2017 app ofdma wpa3 reboot_schedule ipv6 ipv6pt s46 ocnvc dslite PARENTAL2 dnsfilter am_addons cake ntpd dnspriv dualwan pptpd openvpnd utf8_ssid printer modem webdav rrsut cloudsync media appnet timemachine hdspindown diskutility igd2 dnssec usb_bk email 5G-2 6G-2 bwdpi wrs_wbl dns_dpi ookla snmp tor HTTPS letsencrypt ssh vpnc vpn_fusion vpn_fusion_if repeater psta wl6 wifi_tog_btn user_low_rssi tcode usericon stainfo realip lacp alexa ipsec_srv cp_freewifi captivePortal mumimo netool cfg_sync no_finiwl betaupg amas bcmwifi boostkey bcmhnd mbo conndiag eula proxysta iperf3 wifi7 mlo account_binding gameMode owe_trans wireguard ftp_ssl acl96 dhdlog dis11b mtlancfg smart_connect_v2 wpa3-e wifi7 auto_wanport
Thank you very much for providing the info!! I appreciate the help.

Code:

Whenever you get a chance, would you please provide the "rc_support" info from the RT-BE96U router as well?

Thank you.

Seems likely its coming, but people's notion of "soon" often varies.

Whenever you get a chance, would you please provide the "rc_support" info from the RT-BE96U router as well?

Thank you.
RT-BE96U:

Code:
admin@RT-BE96U-45B0:/tmp/home/root# nvram get rc_support
mssid 2.4G 5G update usbX2 switchctrl manual_stb 11AX pwrctrl nandflash movistarTriple wifi2017 app ofdma wpa3 reboot_schedule ipv6 ipv6pt s46 ocnvc dslite PARENTAL2 dnsfilter am_addons cake ntpd dnspriv dualwan pptpd openvpnd utf8_ssid printer modem webdav rrsut cloudsync media appnet timemachine hdspindown diskutility igd2 dnssec usb_bk email 5G-2 bwdpi wrs_wbl dns_dpi ookla snmp tor HTTPS letsencrypt ssh vpnc vpn_fusion vpn_fusion_if repeater psta wl6 user_low_rssi tcode usericon stainfo realip lacp wanbonding alexa ipsec_srv cp_freewifi captivePortal mumimo netool cfg_sync no_finiwl betaupg amas bcmwifi bcmhnd mbo conndiag eula proxysta iperf3 mswan wifi7 mlo account_binding gameMode owe_trans wireguard ftp_ssl acl96 dhdlog dis11b mtlancfg smart_connect_v2 wpa3-e wifi7 auto_wanport

is there already a test version for the AX88 Pro 3.0.0.6.xxx ?

is there already a test version for the AX88 Pro 3.0.0.6.xxx ?
No. See the very first post to start the thread. There are only two routers currently that support this alpha build:
Available builds:
RT-BE96U
GT-BE98_PRO
You can confirm this yourself by visiting the pre-beta test builds link on the Asus-Merlin download page:
PS: And from the other discussion thread initial post:
I am now able to officially announce support for three different Wifi 7 routers is currently under development, to be part of the 3006.102.1 release:

RT-BE96U
GT-BE98_PRO
GT-BE98 (by Gnuton)

RT-BE96U:

Code:
admin@RT-BE96U-45B0:/tmp/home/root# nvram get rc_support
mssid 2.4G 5G update usbX2 switchctrl manual_stb 11AX pwrctrl nandflash movistarTriple wifi2017 app ofdma wpa3 reboot_schedule ipv6 ipv6pt s46 ocnvc dslite PARENTAL2 dnsfilter am_addons cake ntpd dnspriv dualwan pptpd openvpnd utf8_ssid printer modem webdav rrsut cloudsync media appnet timemachine hdspindown diskutility igd2 dnssec usb_bk email 5G-2 bwdpi wrs_wbl dns_dpi ookla snmp tor HTTPS letsencrypt ssh vpnc vpn_fusion vpn_fusion_if repeater psta wl6 user_low_rssi tcode usericon stainfo realip lacp wanbonding alexa ipsec_srv cp_freewifi captivePortal mumimo netool cfg_sync no_finiwl betaupg amas bcmwifi bcmhnd mbo conndiag eula proxysta iperf3 mswan wifi7 mlo account_binding gameMode owe_trans wireguard ftp_ssl acl96 dhdlog dis11b mtlancfg smart_connect_v2 wpa3-e wifi7 auto_wanport
Thank you again for taking the time to provide the info. Much appreciated.

Alpha (GT-BE98_PRO_3006_102.1_alpha1-g57792c7f4c) up & running on GT-98BE Pro. A dirty install on the ASUS stock firmware (FW_GT-BE98_PRO_300610234491, but no WAN access. After some debugging steps, WAN ethernet cable defective between the Cable modem & the routers WAN/LAN 2.5Gbps port. Couldn't logon via SSH, but after a "factory default - restore - initialize all settings" SSH logon then worked. Unit a little faster/quicker on panels then the GT-AXE16000,. As the BE98Pro has a faster processor, amazingly expensive cost, you'd hope to see improvements!
As some playtime today looked at how the Add-Ons I use (defined in my signature) may work/not work. Not operational were Skynet (IPSet Extension not supported), FlexQoS (GUI panel WAN setting option can't be altered), Ubound (haveged fails to start, aborts install on enabling logging).

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I will ask anyway. I noticed there is only support for 2 specific routers right now. I know these aren't the only ones ASUS released 3006 firmware for. Is the reason only these 2 are available is because Merlin only received the GPL's for these 2 routers from ASUS, or is there something else I am missing something?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I will ask anyway. I noticed there is only support for 2 specific routers right now. I know these aren't the only ones ASUS released 3006 firmware for. Is the reason only these 2 are available is because Merlin only received the GPL's for these 2 routers from ASUS, or is there something else I am missing something?
I imagine you can find the answer your question here:

Hopefully on the first few pages....

I imagine you can find the answer your question here:

Hopefully on the first few pages....
that's wifi 7 routers, I am talking about Wifi 6 routers

Status
Not open for further replies.