What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.372.32 Beta 3 available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am now trying out beta3 since 2 days ago (1 day 15 hrs ago) and I just noticed that my client (that has been rebooted) is not getting an IPv6 address. This was working in beta1 as I indicated in the ipv6 thread.

Any chance this is a firmware issue? I retained my beta1 config during the upgrade. Do I need to reboot the router?

UPDATE: With a reboot of the router, it seems to have pulled in the ipv6 config.

Last edited:
I am now trying out beta3 since 2 days ago (1 day 15 hrs ago) and I just noticed that my client (that has been rebooted) is not getting an IPv6 address. This was working in beta1 as I indicated in the ipv6 thread.

Any chance this is a firmware issue? I retained my beta1 config during the upgrade. Do I need to reboot the router?

What type of connection? What router model?

I have a 6in4 tunnel here with HE and my desktop is getting its IP correctly. Make sure you do have Router advertisement enabled on the IPv6 page, as this is what will allocate IPs to your clients.

Thanks for this new firmware. Is it possible the wired connection is slower since .31 firmware?
With .25 firmware i was able to download 10MB/s, with .31 and .32.3 only 3,4MB/s (8 connections).
My Feature-requests:
- It took a while to discover the actual date/time in router web interface. I set ntp-Server, but i don't know if the server set the actual date/time. Then i discovered the time in general system log.
Is it possible to add the actual date/time at time server page or summary page, to see the setting immediately?
- Any possibility to disable connection logging?

What router model? What connection type? How are you testing speed?

No reason for your connection speed to drop to 3.5 Mbits - I have a 30 Mbits Internet connection and I get full speed.

What router model? What connection type? How are you testing speed?

No reason for your connection speed to drop to 3.5 Mbits - I have a 30 Mbits Internet connection and I get full speed.

RT-N66U / 100/100MBit FTTH Fiber
With Speedtest.net i get >90/90 up/down, but with downloadmanager i noticed a drop since fw-update. Maybe it's not the router.

Thanks, pappl

What type of connection? What router model?

Its an HE connection on a RT-N66U.

A reboot of the router fixed the issue. It is definitely the router, since I power on the Ubuntu PC every day. I just noticed there was no ipv6 today. When the router restarted it grabbed an ipv6 address.

Is this normal that a reboot after applying new fireware is necessary?

A reboot of the router fixed the issue. It is definitely the router, since I power on the Ubuntu PC every day. I just noticed there was no ipv6 today. When the router restarted it grabbed an ipv6 address.

I think it's normal. I've had to do the same thing with a Linksys router with 6rd. Sometimes you can just powercycle the modem. Or sometimes, you have to be patient as it takes a little while. So if you want instant, then reboot router or modem. If you have patience, then you can just wait and not reboot the router and/or modem.

Thx merlin :) , using it now for 1 day w/o any issues.
after upgrading I powercycled my ac66u as it did not detect my usb drive anymore. After powercycle working as normal.
Same for the ipv6 firewall, its working great.

Only thing was these entries appear in the log:
Aug 20 20:57:35 nmbd[513]: [2013/08/20 20:57:35, 0] nmbd/nmbd_packets.c: process_nmb_request(1497)
Aug 20 20:57:35 nmbd[513]: process_nmb_request: Multihomed registration request must be directed at a WINS server.

Not that it bothers me, I don't see any problem in it.

RT-N66U / 100/100MBit FTTH Fiber
With Speedtest.net i get >90/90 up/down, but with downloadmanager i noticed a drop since fw-update. Maybe it's not the router.

Thanks, pappl

You might need to adjust some of Download Manager's settings, as it might have been overloading your router.

When you flash a new firmware the router is supposed to reboot itself afterward. However I have seen a few cases (more frequent with the AC66 and AC56) where the router would fail to complete its reboot. Maybe that's what happened to you.

Keep an eye on the radvd process to make sure it doesn't stop working for some reason, as it's the one allocating IPs to your LAN. Also it could have been your WAN IP that changed, and HE wasn't properly notified of your new IP - the reboot would have taken care of it.

Only thing was these entries appear in the log:
Aug 20 20:57:35 nmbd[513]: [2013/08/20 20:57:35, 0] nmbd/nmbd_packets.c: process_nmb_request(1497)
Aug 20 20:57:35 nmbd[513]: process_nmb_request: Multihomed registration request must be directed at a WINS server.

Not that it bothers me, I don't see any problem in it.

I remember seeing these a long time ago, haven't seen them in a while. I would have to do some research to see what it actually means, but I suspect it's mostly harmless.

@all:

Any feedback regarding the IPv6 firewall webui? Does it look intuitive enough the way it's designed? I tried to keep it as simple as Asus's port forward page, but added a bit of flexibility by allowing to specify the remote IP or CIDR.

Anyone thinks it would also be useful to be able to specify a CIDR on the LAN endpoint rather than just a single IP?

Any issue with the OpenVPN upgrade to 2.3.2, especially those of you using a commercial tunnel provider?

Regarding the N66U driver issue, I decided to stick to the 270 driver for the time being. While the latest release fixed the Centrino issues, there are still some other cards having issues with it - Asus said they would look into it. Also, they haven't released the 374_257 GPL yet anyway.

@all:

Regarding the N66U driver issue, I decided to stick to the 270 driver for the time being. While the latest release fixed the Centrino issues, there are still some other cards having issues with it - Asus said they would look into it. Also, they haven't released the 374_257 GPL yet anyway.

Hi Merlin,

The 374_257 driver certainly did not solve all the Centrino issues unfortunately. While I was able to maintain a connection @ 5 ghz/40 mhz with my 6250 Centrino, transferring files from my laptop only goes half as fast with the new Broadcom SDK drivers compared with the previous SDK drivers.

Last edited:
new asus stock fw

Dears,

I have installed new Asus FW and can confirm that 5hz connection is stable at me. Probably it is the 1st time;
I did not try new Merlin's beta 3, but will check.
Checked on 2 laptops _
Samsung laptop with Broadcom chip with Asus USB N53 and Mac book pro...Did not check wifi chip on Mac...

Dears,

I have installed new Asus FW and can confirm that 5hz connection is stable at me. Probably it is the 1st time;
I did not try new Merlin's beta 3, but will check.
Checked on 2 laptops _
Samsung laptop with Broadcom chip with Asus USB N53 and Mac book pro...Did not check wifi chip on Mac...

I am getting exactly the same results. 3.0.0.4.372.32 has been the best build so far. All of my issues with my Apple hardware have gone.

Beta 3 works great too.

I am getting exactly the same results. 3.0.0.4.372.32 has been the best build so far. All of my issues with my Apple hardware have gone.

Beta 3 works great too.

Including iPhone & iPad?

Everything seems good, but my upload seems to varies on wired. Since I use Plex to stream content from my wired desktop via wireless to a laptop, my content now buffers quite a fair bit. However, it seems to be improving as time goes by. I will keep monitoring it over the next few weeks, and if it doesn't improve I will revert back to 2xx firmware and see if there's any difference. I mainly upgrade from 2xx to this is because of supposedly better ipv6 support (and firewall).

I would appreciate it if anyone knows how to solve this particular issue that I have: If I am using HE's ipv6 tunnel, and also a third party DNS server like Unotelly, which only supports ipv4, how can I make sure that visiting other sites will resolve using Unotelly DNS instead of HE's DNS? (sometimes it seems to resolve via unotelly sometimes he dns, like my desktop)

speed test on my desktop- wlan asus fw

download 307.4
upload 260.4 mbps

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    85.1 KB · Views: 540
Everything seems good, but my upload seems to varies on wired. Since I use Plex to stream content from my wired desktop via wireless to a laptop, my content now buffers quite a fair bit. However, it seems to be improving as time goes by. I will keep monitoring it over the next few weeks, and if it doesn't improve I will revert back to 2xx firmware and see if there's any difference. I mainly upgrade from 2xx to this is because of supposedly better ipv6 support (and firewall).

I would appreciate it if anyone knows how to solve this particular issue that I have: If I am using HE's ipv6 tunnel, and also a third party DNS server like Unotelly, which only supports ipv4, how can I make sure that visiting other sites will resolve using Unotelly DNS instead of HE's DNS? (sometimes it seems to resolve via unotelly sometimes he dns, like my desktop)

Keep in mind that if you have an IPv6 tunnel up, some content providers (like Youtube) might end up going through that tunnel, which will have an impact on streaming performance.