What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.55 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this issue as well - it's not every few minutes though - it's just randomly happening with me - I've been having this issue since 378.55 + betas.

Was ok on 378.54 - It never used to happen? - I just disable my network connection on my laptop - then reconnect again and it works.
I think it's a .55 problem then, I've just updated from .54_2 to .55 and now i'm having this strange problem. Hope to see a fix for it soon.

I have this issue as well - it's not every few minutes though - it's just randomly happening with me - I've been having this issue since 378.55 + betas.

Was ok on 378.54 - It never used to happen? - I just disable my network connection on my laptop - then reconnect again and it works.

Same problem here. I think it is the Asus code that is broken and has simply migrated to Merlin's build. If you wait a couple of minutes it reconnects on its own.

I upgraded from 378.53 to 378.55.

NAT acceleration is not stable. In LAN > Switch Control, I set "Auto" for NAT Acceleration. Then check in Tools page, I see HW NAT is enabled. Few hours later, in Tools page, I see HW NAT is enabled but CTF.

When this happens and still in CTF, WAN performance is limited to 80-90Mbit/s not higher.

I saw falling back to CTF (with limited performance) from pure HW NAT in 378.53 too. But way less frequent in my memory.

For now (378.55) I disabled NAT acceleration. Tests show only consuming 10% of one ARM core for my WAN (200Mbit/s). I'm fine with it.

I use 1Password and can prefill my login.
ASUS used «foilautofill» trick (google it) preventing login/password memorizing in most browsers. One can just look at /www/Main_Login.asp and see it. I copied /www to /jffs/www, then added «init-start» script mounting /jffs/www to /www, making it writable. Then I was able to patch /www/Main_Login.asp in situ, removing «foilautofill» logic from it. Works like a charm.

I have connected a hdd to the router, but can not access this as Samba server with Merlin firmware. It will not accept username and password. There are no problems with Asus original firmware. Does anyone know why this is so?

All good apart from PPPOe , router gui says connected but windows says no internet , on wired an wireless.

Did a factory reset (WPS method) just in case a bad flash but still happens, a simple reboot helps although it took a couple of reboots this morning to rectify itself .

I have connected a hdd to the router, but can not access this as Samba server with Merlin firmware...
Unless you were able to log in with previous versions of Merlin firmware, this is not the right thread in which to ask this question. This is a thread about _55 Merlin firmware, you appear to be asking a question about Merlin firmware IN GENERAL.

What you are asking is a good question, but please post general questions about use of Merlin firmware in some other thread, so that people do not have to spend unnecessary time while reading any particular thread.

The new login page is awesome but will be better if it will support autofill without any tricks:)

Safari will save username/password. Won't autofill next time on page load. But does with a little kick of the keyboard shortcut shift-cmd-A (which stands for Autofill Form). So kind of semi autofill. Good enough for me not to spend any more time on this issue.

I'm not an active Chrome user but it does save username/password on my test. I would guess there might be an extension to force autofill too :)

On RT-AC68U, under 378.54_2 and 378.55 -- simply accessing the "Traffic Analyzer / Statistic" tab causes browser to become unresponsive to the router for at least a minute. Anyone else seeing this?

On RT-AC68U, under 378.54_2 and 378.55 -- simply accessing the "Traffic Analyzer / Statistic" tab causes browser to become unresponsive to the router for at least a minute. Anyone else seeing this?

For me my Security Suite Eset causing this.I fixed it by setting 192.168.1.1 in Exclusion HTTP protocole filtering(in the AV)

I have found that MAC clone function does not work in latest build. In GUI you can see cloned MAC but ISP will not get it. I have reverted to previous version and all is well.

Router RT87U.

a. the sha1 for trx does not match the included txt file!
for images see posts for 7-20-15 in
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30182745-Only-ONE-DNS-server-field-in-ASUS-RT-AC66R
Because it's not an SHA1 hash, as it's stated in the file name of the hash, it's an SHA256 hash, which btw matches the file's hash.
hash.jpg
b. Is there any way to download just one release? The mediafire site gives a zip that includes ALL packages back to day 1, 849MB when you select 'download.'
Don't click on the "Download folder" button at the top of the page. Just select one file, or just simply click on the file name (or here is a direct link to it).

I think we would ask Merlin for patch in future versions. This new «secure login» logic from ASUS is extremely annoying, I can say.

Gahhh, the new secure login thing is killing my workflow when I'm on a mobile. Always having to type in username and password is really testing my patience.

It would be nice to have an option to use the old login.

Unless you were able to log in with previous versions of Merlin firmware, this is not the right thread in which to ask this question. This is a thread about _55 Merlin firmware, you appear to be asking a question about Merlin firmware IN GENERAL.

What you are asking is a good question, but please post general questions about use of Merlin firmware in some other thread, so that people do not have to spend unnecessary time while reading any particular thread.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes about this issue. ;) I have started a new thread.

Gahhh, the new secure login thing is killing my workflow when I'm on a mobile. Always having to type in username and password is really testing my patience.

It would be nice to have an option to use the old login.
Why do you want to access the router so much? Unless developing it should be just set & forget. Unless you fancy watching the stats continuously ... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.