What's new

FlexQoS FlexQos Settings Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Better flexqos with cake rules. Speed settings Auto, overhead 18, Adaptive qos prefer gaming and flexqos prefer gaming. I have +5ms, When the connection gets clogged, it jumps to +15. Previously +30/+40 and when the connection was clogged it was +60 and higher.
What exactly did you do and how does it work?

What exactly did you do and how does it work?

These are normal FlexQos rules. They are based on class_mark.

1719487218191.png

Here are the cake_qos rules diffserv4:
1719487292500.png

Just a quick update on the bug report of Cake. At least on my router the RT-AX58U v2 it would appear Cake was not fully built into 388.7_1-gnuton-1. I appreciate @dave14305 and others contribution towards identifying the problem as I really had no idea where to look. This might affect other builds on 388.7_1-gnuton-1 I’m unsure.

If you’re interested take a peek near the bottom of the bug report you might be able to identify if your router has the same problems.

set this options on SSH
fc disable
fc flush

Add rules diffserv8

I set flexqos prefer gaming, adaptive prefer gaming, manual bw to 400/180mbps
a question I have but with this system flex rules still work? doesn't it create conflicts between cake and flex?

I looked at this script a bit and I wonder what qdisc = 2 is?
That was the flexqos option to let the user choose Cake (2) versus HTB+fq_codel (1).

That was the flexqos option to let the user choose Cake (2) versus HTB+fq_codel (1).
I don't see that option. I have the fq_codel and asus options. But this does not change the fact that qos on my router does not work at all. After disabling flow cache, it turns on itself after resetting qos. It is not possible to disable Archer. It stays on all the time. Is there any other way to run QOS?

I don't see that option
Correct, it was experimental code that didn’t get released.
It is not possible to disable Archer.
Search the forums for runner_disable_force nvram commands. But you’ve already stated before that you won’t accept reduction in throughput.

Search the forums for runner_disable_force nvram commands. But you’ve already stated before that you won’t accept reduction in throughput.

I have QOS set to 450-480mbps and that's what it can stay. from 520-530. He doesn't want to give me because it doesn't make sense. Adaptive QOS in Asus is one of the worst on the market. Even regular SFQ in freshtomato works better and more efficiently. I bought this junk TUF v2 unnecessarily. A Netgear with built-in SQM bufferbloat or the option to install OpenWRT would be better.

I have QOS set to 450-480mbps and that's what it can stay. from 520-530. He doesn't want to give me because it doesn't make sense. Adaptive QOS in Asus is one of the worst on the market. Even regular SFQ in freshtomato works better and more efficiently. I bought this junk TUF v2 unnecessarily. A Netgear with built-in SQM bufferbloat or the option to install OpenWRT would be better.
what you should do is to get a Belkin ax3200 and flash openwrt they are not easy to find but as devices I know they are very efficient, you find one you install opwenwrt+Cake on it and you forget about all these issues(although I didn't understand if you need qos for gaming or for something else)otherwise you could think about getting a device on which qos+Flex works like a GT6000 or even if in EOL an AC86U or directly an AX86 pro

what you should do is to get a Belkin ax3200 and flash openwrt they are not easy to find but as devices I know they are very efficient, you find one you install opwenwrt+Cake on it and you forget about all these issues(although I didn't understand if you need qos for gaming or for something else)otherwise you could think about getting a device on which qos+Flex works like a GT6000 or even if in EOL an AC86U or directly an AX86 pro
I still have AC68U. Currently connected in AiMesh with AX3000 v2. I can install OpenWRT on ac68u. But will it handle 500mbps + qos without HW Acceleration?

A Netgear with built-in SQM bufferbloat or the option to install OpenWRT would be better.
But will it handle 500mbps + qos without HW Acceleration?
The future-proof plan is to buy a separate x86 mini PC and run OpenWrt or Debian or pfSense or OPNsense and leave these Asus devices to function as Access Points only.

He was using gnuton 388.7, and has the same gnuton issue with cake not being built into the firmware. And archer not being able to be disabled. But adamantly does not want to disable hw acceleration archer. His choice.

He might be able to make a script at start up that turns off flow cache and not use nvram. But I don’t want to dive into this.

The future-proof plan is to buy a separate x86 mini PC and run OpenWrt or Debian or pfSense or OPNsense and leave these Asus devices to function as Access Points only.
After turning off acceleration completely, the connection speed drops to 400mbps on speedtest. After enabling adaptiveqos up to ~200 mbps. The bufferbloat test is pointless. Over +200ms.

After turning off acceleration completely, the connection speed drops to 400mbps on speedtest. After enabling adaptiveqos up to ~200 mbps. The bufferbloat test is pointless. Over +200ms.

What are you currently even running? Freshtomato, gnuton, templeOS?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!