What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.7 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IMHO, prevent client DoH should always be set to ‘no’, even if not using Apple private relay, as having it set to ‘yes’ or ‘auto’ seem to add a few seconds latency when going to a new web site. Not sure why this should be, but that’s what I’m seeing here.
Never had such issues, all opens instantly for me (first time visited pages too)...

Last edited:
No problems whatsoever, running flawless on my GT-AX6000! Thanks!

Clean install on my GT-AX6000, as I've been dirty upgrading since late last year and wanted back to a minimalistic setup. Reloaded my Dynv6.com DualStack DDNS so one of the internal servers is available over IPv6 fuss-free (when I choose it to be). Only issue was that it took a reboot after setting up DDNS to get the LetsEncrypt certificate to stick. Everything is good!

flawless on AXE16000

Only happens with Apple devices, I should have clarified this in my initial post.
I hate Apple, dont adore Windows either, Android is meh; but due to work programs can't use (pure) Linux... 😁

5 days ago I updated the firmware of my RT-AX86U from Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6_2 to 3004.388.7. Today I saw for the first time that the interface signals that the free space in the jffs partition is low. I found the culprit - in the /jffs/.asdbk directory there was a file main_checker.sh_bk, which was 30 MB in size. I saved a copy of it to my PC and deleted it from the router. After rebooting the router it no longer appears. I have not noticed any problems due to its absence yet. Why is this file needed? Will deleting it cause any unpleasant consequences?

Only happens with Apple devices, I should have clarified this in my initial post.
I am on the same boat. When setting DoH from Auto to No on my AX88U, which has Diversion and Skynet as in my signature, webpages on my Apple devices are loaded faster.

5 days ago I updated the firmware of my RT-AX86U from Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.6_2 to 3004.388.7. Today I saw for the first time that the interface signals that the free space in the jffs partition is low. I found the culprit - in the /jffs/.asdbk directory there was a file main_checker.sh_bk, which was 30 MB in size. I saved a copy of it to my PC and deleted it from the router. After rebooting the router it no longer appears. I have not noticed any problems due to its absence yet. Why is this file needed? Will deleting it cause any unpleasant consequences?
Just use search ;)

First i used the search and already saw this topic. I don't use any backup scripts on the router. I only use the Domain VPN Routing script and scMerlin. I understand correctly based on the message https://www.snbforums.com/threads/jffs-asdbk-main_checker-sh_bk-growing.88979/post-893770 that deleting the main_checker.sh_bk file will not lead to unpleasant consequences?
Nothing to do with scripts, so yes you already have an answer in the 2 post that the file is from the - ASD security daemon...
So yes, even if deleted, no issue should occur.

Last edited:
Dirty flash over 388.6_2. Reboot after 24 hours. Everything works as expected. Appears to be more compact than previous versions. Uses about 20MB less RAM.

Dirty flash over 388.6_2. Reboot after 24 hours. Everything works as expected. Appears to be more compact than previous versions. Uses about 20MB less RAM.
Merlin changed the way RAM is counted. Free RAM now includes cache, which can be freed up when needed.
It's in the changelog.

Upgrade on RT-AX86U_PRO unsuccessful. :(

I've tried upgrading from 3004_388.6_2, and also from Asus Firmware version 3.0.0.4_388_24199 after hard factory reset without any luck.

Regards,

GoldWing

Attachments

• UpgrdUnsuccessful_3004.388.7.jpeg
    UpgrdUnsuccessful_3004.388.7.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 29
Upgrade on RT-AX86U_PRO unsuccessful. :(

I've tried upgrading from 3004_388.6_2, and also from Asus Firmware version 3.0.0.4_388_24199 after hard factory reset without any luck.
Make sure to download and extract the correct firmware for the router. For the RT-AX86U Pro:
The extracted firmware file is: RT-AX86U_PRO_3004_388.7_0_nand_squashfs.pkgtb
See some troubleshooting suggests for failed firmware flashes that was made earlier in the current discussion:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...8-7-is-now-available.89811/page-3#post-904399

As a datapoint. No issues flashing a RT-AX86U Pro from 3004_388.6_2.
router.jpg