What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.8 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

testing on 4 newer routers.\
dirty upgrades

gt-axe11000 in ap mode all fine
gt-ax11000 pro in router mode fine.. had to fiddle with client vpn a bit to get it to work same as older non merlin f/w router but working now
2 gt-axe16000 one in full router mode, one in ap mode.. both working fine

(before you jump in these are in 3 different houses)

thanks

Everything is fine here and the connection seems stable, but I've noticed an issue.

I connected a Tapo camera two days ago to check if it was working. I disconnected it and stored it in a cabinet to only plug it in during the holidays.

However, the router (AX58) hasn't refreshed it and it still appears as connected. I haven't tried restarting it, but if I refresh the devices, it still appears as connected.

It's on the 2.4 GHz band, as is usual with Tapo devices (IP by DHCP).

However, the router (AX58) hasn't refreshed it and it still appears as connected. I haven't tried restarting it, but if I refresh the devices, it still appears as connected.
Asus has had problems with the network map for as long as I can remember. Asus haven't fixed it, and I believe RMerlin can't fix it as it's closed source.
You'll get used to that.

Successful FW flash. No internet connection on RT-AX68U. Had to roll back to 3004.388.7_0. Have no idea what is wrong with it. Web interface runs perfect. Network utilities show excellent speed. No ping or traceroute problems. But it was totally impossible to reach internet from PC or mobile. "No network available". Luckily I did download both versions old and beta from the source site.

Successful FW flash. No internet connection on RT-AX68U. Had to roll back to 3004.388.7_0. Have no idea what is wrong with it. Web interface runs perfect. Network utilities show excellent speed. No ping or traceroute problems. But it was totally impossible to reach internet from PC or mobile. "No network available". Luckily I did download both versions old and beta from the source site.

If you were able to traceroute and ping from within the router then your Internet connection from the router to the world was/is fine. The problem would be with the client device(s). Are they getting IP addresses from the router? Proper DNS? Definitely not an issue with the firmware itself.

Already discussed in a previous post - make sure you don't have a VPN killswitch enabled on any of your VPN clients. That's the most common cause of client connectivity issues.