What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.8_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That discussion should continue here, or have its own thread I think..?
It was easier for everyone involved to have the posts in a separate thread since it was for one specific issue, and a lot of back and forth was involved.

The test builds were only to test one single change, specific to that issue, that's why it was only posted in that thread. There were no other changes.

So yeah, same issue here... GT-AX11000.... banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why the entire system goes down just inputting a VPN an never turning on. To the point it won't even let me get to the router configuration page. Static iP and cannot even ping the router .1 router after hitting aplly. Super frustrating.

I patially understand what you are saying in VPN Director but can you cleariy what you mean?

Local is what? The router IP? 192.168.50.1?
Your RouterIP/24? Again router IP or WAN IP? /24 suggests 192.168.50.1/24 so what is the above local ip then?

Thaks.
This is what it should look like. This is your LAN IP (not WAN):

1722010177682.png

It was easier for everyone involved to have the posts in a separate thread since it was for one specific issue, and a lot of back and forth was involved.

The test builds were only to test one single change, specific to that issue, that's why it was only posted in that thread. There were no other changes.
Understood from the start; but better to place that test build here also (in first post?), because others not aware of that separate thread will continue to complain here.
Just saying... ;)

View attachment 60523
Looks odd to me and i may be wrong (or splitting hair :) )
Either you want to route the entire 192.168.50.xxx subnet through WAN, which could be noted as 192.168.50.0/24,
or you just want to route the router's own address through WAN which would be noted as 192.168.50.1
The notation 192.168.50.1/24 simply means that 192.168.50.1 is part of a subnet with mask 255.255.255.0

Last edited:
I was hoping to find the ROG version included with these since they were a new build 😢
It's on the first page, post #2 and #4 also scattered throughout this thread.

@RMerlin

Sorry for the question Will you be Creating firmware for the GT-BE 98 non pro ? As the pro is a us version only

Cheers

View attachment 60523
Thank you. I will use suggestion to just route 192.168.50.1 through WAN when I get back around to it. I downgraded back to .7 since I am in production enviroment and spousal unit cannot tolerate downtime. Didn't find the beta version but reading through, I think it is in a different thread on onedrive I think.

Thank you for all the help.

Dirty upgrade over 3004.388.7_0 with zero issues encountered after the fact (as is usual).

Thanks @RMerlin for the firmware.

Did a dirty upgrade on my RT AX3000 to 3004.388.8 from the previous version and while everything works, just noticed that under the Administration -> Firmware Upgrade tab the option to do a manual check for new firmware is no longer present (screenshot attached).

The option for "scheduled check for new firmware" still exists, but the option to check it manually (as in the previous version) is no longer present. Could not find any reference to this in the changelog.

The only scripts I run on this router are Diversion, Dual-WAN failover and router date keeper.

I have tried the usual procedure of reboot, flushing the browser caches, trying from a different PC without any change. Since everything is working, did not try a hard / full reset.

Attachments

• Router_Image.jpg
    Router_Image.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 57
Thanks @RMerlin for the firmware.

Did a dirty upgrade on my RT AX3000 to 3004.388.8 from the previous version and while everything works, just noticed that under the Administration -> Firmware Upgrade tab the option to do a manual check for new firmware is no longer present (screenshot attached).

The option for "scheduled check for new firmware" still exists, but the option to check it manually (as in the previous version) is no longer present. Could not find any reference to this in the changelog.

The only scripts I run on this router are Diversion, Dual-WAN failover and router date keeper.

I have tried the usual procedure of reboot, flushing the browser caches, trying from a different PC without any change. Since everything is working, did not try a hard / full reset.
With me it's there as always. Perhaps you'd better do a full router reset. Better still wait a few days, cause i believe 388.8_1 is coming up.

Last edited:
Maybe specific to your router model or your configuration (or maybe even web browser configuration). As a data point, the "Check Update" button is present in 3004.388.8 on a RT-AX86U Pro configured for router mode.

FirmwareUpgrade.jpg

Just checked my RT-AX3000 and the button is missing on mine as well. Not a deal breaker as I never used it. It may be fixed in the next release as another user mentioned. Other than that, 388.8 is working great!

Any Javascript error when you open the browser console then reload the page?

Also go to the Tools -> Sysinfo page, and paste the content of the Features section.

Don`t specify the subnet. You just want 192.168.50.1, not a whole /24 subnet.

Before I posted I had already tried it this way on my AX16000 but it wasn't working until I did /24. I will check again and confirm and let you know.

Edit: Confirmed, doesn't work unless you specify the whole subnet. I double-checked it by creating a single rule for my PC and it worked so it's all or nothing at this point. Bug?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.