What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure when this was added but media bridge mode under administration for the N66u actually works with this firmware! No more WDS for me! Running main n66u as router, 2nd n66u in media bridge mode connected to 5ghz with wpa2 encryption. Getting full 450/450 its awesome! Thanks merlin!!

Bug report: RT-N66U, Firmware: 374.40 (Merlin build)

Parental control
It is no longer possible to disable individual clients in the client list. Changes
in the list will not stick after applying.

How to reproduce: Uncheck a client in the list and then click Apply.

Yep, you found one.
Same here, uncheck client doesn't stick after Apply.
(Tested with Chrome and IE10.)

All good here

AC68U fw:374.40 b3 CFE 1.0.1.1 (not sure if bootloader relevant)
23 hours 38 minutes 56 seconds with no reboots.

Interestingly I also noticed "WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly." on .39 although I wondered if it was a problem with my VPN client. No such issues on .40 so far.

Thanks Merlin & enjoy your break.

I get this in the systemlogg, is it normal? (latest stable merlin firmware)

Mar 8 17:24:02 nmbd[362]: [2014/03/08 17:24:02, 0] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(351)
Mar 8 17:24:02 nmbd[362]: find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Mar 8 17:24:02 nmbd[362]: Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Mar 8 17:24:02 nmbd[362]: Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

I also get this:
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: TITLE,OpenVPN 2.3.2 mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [eurephia] [MH] [IPv6] built on Mar 6 2014
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: TIME,Sat Mar 8 17:50:35 2014,1394297435
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: HEADER,CLIENT_LIST,Common Name,Real Address,Virtual Address,Bytes Received,Bytes Sent,Connected Since,Connected Since (time_t),Username
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: HEADER,ROUTING_TABLE,Virtual Address,Common Name,Real Address,Last Ref,Last Ref (time_t)
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: GLOBAL_STATS,Max bcast/mcast queue length,0
Mar 8 17:50:35 openvpn[470]: END

Can I disable that?

Do you also have the same logs? Or is something wrong?

When I go to "Administration -> System" tab, on the bottom I have "Only allow specific IP" set to "No".

When set to "No", I expect the "Specified IP (Max Limit : 4)" list NOT to be shown. :confused:

Not sure about this behaviour on previous releases.
Bug or not?

Attachments

• Specified IP.jpg
    Specified IP.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 383
Bug report: RT-N66U, Firmware: 374.40 (Merlin build)

Parental control
It is no longer possible to disable individual clients in the client list. Changes
in the list will not stick after applying.

How to reproduce: Uncheck a client in the list and then click Apply.

I don't use Parental Control but I tested it and can confirm that removing the "tick" from a client and applying will not stick.

When I go to "Administration -> System" tab, on the bottom I have "Only allow specific IP" set to "No".

When set to "No", I expect the "Specified IP (Max Limit : 4)" list NOT to be shown. :confused:

Not sure about this behaviour on previous releases.
Bug or not?

That's the same as on previous releases. What problem are you experiencing due to this? With no IP's in the list and the option set to NO then you should see no effect.

That's the same as on previous releases. What problem are you experiencing due to this? With no IP's in the list and the option set to NO then you should see no effect.

Not a real problem, but normally stuff is content sensitive.
Same as if you click, on the same page, on "Enable Web Access from WAN" to "Yes".
Only then the "Port of Web Access from WAN" option pops up.

That's all.

Up for over a day now, so far so good. Not sure what could have changed between this release and the last beta for the 68U. On the last beta I was getting multiple reboots a day.

Setting scheduled disk scan doesn't stick in 374.40

Hi,

374.40 is working great on my RT-N66U except for that I am not able to set scheduled disk scan for my USB connected ext3 formatted drive. Clicking 'apply' does not set the scheduled scan. Returning to the Disk Utility tab shows scheduled disk scan as 'disabled' regardless of what I set. I have tried several times, but I'm not able to set it. I am not sure whether this worked in the previous build since I didn't check, but in 374.40 it doesn't for sure.

I just flashed my AC66U to this 374.40 and ran into a weird issue. It has already done this 3 times per reboot so I'm fairly sure this is repeatable but not sure on the full details yet.

It seems when I'm in the Administration Webpage on the VPN settings, when I go to the advanced settings page, randomly it seems to crash the web server and I am unable to connect to the admin at all until reboot. The internet and VPN and all my other settings seems to still be working and intact just the admin is down.

Has anyone seen this? I'll see if I can figure out what's the exact trigger that's causing this.

Edit:
Ok I have a pattern that creates this issue every time

Setup
This router is currently setup as an Open VPN Server. There is another router that is an AC66U (using 374.32) connecting to the problem router as a client.

Problem Creation
Reboot problem router
Allow for the client router to connect to the Open VPN server
Open Web Browser Console for Problem Router
Click VPN
Click VPN Server
Witness Crash

This created the problem 100% of the time for me so far. Let me know what you think or if this has happened to anyone else.

Last edited:
374.40 could not show language name

Hi,

374.40 on 66u could not show language name on top-right conner if I choose non-english language! I attach the captured screen image.

Does someone have the same problem?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
Hi,

374.40 is working great on my RT-N66U except for that I am not able to set scheduled disk scan for my USB connected ext3 formatted drive. Clicking 'apply' does not set the scheduled scan. Returning to the Disk Utility tab shows scheduled disk scan as 'disabled' regardless of what I set. I have tried several times, but I'm not able to set it. I am not sure whether this worked in the previous build since I didn't check, but in 374.40 it doesn't for sure.

That's been broken for a long time now. Asus's code, I don't care enough about that feature to look into it (since for most cases where scheduling a disk scan might be useful, the router will run out of memory before it can complete a scan anyway).

After Update from RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.32 to RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.40_0
i can´t save my openvpn client certificate.
The certificate is trunk after 64 lines or 3436 bytes.

my work around

create a file with certificate and

nvram set vpn_crt_client1_crt=... filename
nvram commit
reboot

after reboot the openvpn service is running.

But after a change in the openvpn section, the certificate is truncate.

Last edited:
Hey,

I got "Firmware:374.40_beta3 (Merlin build)" flashed to my ac68u router, and the Bootloader is 1.0.1.6

What i wonder is: does my mem already run at 666mhz or do they run at 555mhz with this firmware ? I have not flashed the asus "special" ddr speed flasher. Is that something i need to do, or are my ddr already running at 666mhz with the 374.40_beta3 ?

If the answer is no, can i use the 666mhz "flasher" with this firmware ?

Thank you!

Did you clear nvram and factory defaults upgrading from the .40 beta? Or just install over?
Just install and have fun! :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Up for over a day now, so far so good. Not sure what could have changed between this release and the last beta for the 68U. On the last beta I was getting multiple reboots a day.
Hi,

Actually I would say the same for my AC68U unit, until today 11:23...
Code:
Jan  1 01:00:12 syslogd started: BusyBox v1.20.2
Jan  1 01:00:12 kernel: klogd started: BusyBox v1.20.2 (2014-03-06 20:38:37 EST)
Jan  1 01:00:12 kernel: Linux version 2.6.36.4brcmarm (merlin@mint-dev) (gcc version 4.5.3 (Buildroot 2012.02) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 6 20:44:36 EST 2014
Jan  1 01:00:12 kernel: CPU: ARMv7 Processor [413fc090] revision 0 (ARMv7), cr=10c53c7f
Jan  1 01:00:12 kernel: CPU: VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing instruction cache
[B]Mar  9 11:23:13 [/B]rc_service: ntp 1151:notify_rc restart_upnp
[B]Mar  9 11:28:25 [/B]rc_service: ntp 1029:notify_rc restart_upnp
[B]Mar  9 11:31:51 [/B]rc_service: ntp 985:notify_rc restart_upnp
[B]Mar  9 11:35:36 [/B]rc_service: ntp 1123:notify_rc restart_upnp

This morning 4 reboots in a row... :confused:

But wait, during this time I was trying to share some media from a notebook and connect the musich libray to SONOS wireless speakers - which ended in an error 1002 - cannot connect!

Looks like the reboots happened exactly during my tries to connect to a SMB share on the Windows 8.1 laptop... Or: Again an issues with SONOS UPNP (as acknowledged in the last Asus update to be a problem - and should be fixed). :(

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

so i dont need a reset when i come from 3.0.0.4.374.39_0-em cause em is now the standardbuild? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.