What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.34 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The normal temperature for that CPU can hover around 75-80C. Both my Ac56 and AC68U were sitting at 77C a few days ago (before the autumn chill started setting in).

The SoC itself can safely reach close to 90-100C without any damage. Probably even higher if it's anything like other SoC from Broadcom.
I have flashed the 374.34_2 version yet I still cannot save to "Turbo" mode. It is unchanged, the radio button for Turbo mode will select but the radio button for LED never "unselects" and saving accomplishes nothing. I tried rebooting the router manually and via TelNet without success. :(

I have flashed the 374.34_2 version yet I still cannot save to "Turbo" mode. It is unchanged, the radio button for Turbo mode will select but the radio button for LED never "unselects" and saving accomplishes nothing. I tried rebooting the router manually and via TelNet without success. :(

Make sure you aren't using a cached web page - I actually tested it here before uploading it. Also make sure you see 34_2 in the version at the top.

And in the "You Never know" department comes this. I tried one last time to try Turbo mode and guess what? It works. smh :D

Port forwarding

Hi.

Has anyone having issue with port forwarding? I am running a mail server and it looks like external mails is not coming through. I know this as when I swapped RT-N66U back to the old RT-N56, external mails are being delivered to the mail server. I have no problem sending external mail, as well as internal. I have tried factory reset and reload firmware without reveal. Is there a log or similar that I can take a look to find out what is not working? Thank you.

Make sure you aren't using a cached web page - I actually tested it here before uploading it. Also make sure you see 34_2 in the version at the top.
Thanks Merlin. I didn't do anything at all, not even clear the browser's cache. I simply gave it one more attempt and as soon as I clicked the radio button the LED button cleared and the additional info for overclocking appeared at the bottom of the page. I rebooted the router via telnet and the GUI loads noticeably faster via a wireless connection.

Asus is implementing brute force protection on the webui - this is probably what is locking you out. I guess that feature isn't working properly yet.

Yep, I'd say Asus needs some work on this. :)

I'm getting the same "Lockout" problem on N66U running version .34. Login from WLAN or WIRED, same issue.

SYSLOG:

Nov 2 00:09:22 HTTP login: Detect abnormal logins at 5 times. The newest one was from 192.168.1.150. (WLAN)

Nov 2 00:10:18 HTTP login: Detect abnormal logins at 10 times. The newest one was from 192.168.1.100. (WIRED)

Going to revert back to .33.

Yep, I'd say Asus needs some work on this. :)

I'm getting the same "Lockout" problem on N66U running version .34. Login from WLAN or WIRED, same issue.

SYSLOG:

Nov 2 00:09:22 HTTP login: Detect abnormal logins at 5 times. The newest one was from 192.168.1.150. (WLAN)

Nov 2 00:10:18 HTTP login: Detect abnormal logins at 10 times. The newest one was from 192.168.1.100. (WIRED)

Going to revert back to .33.

I don't have that "lockout" problem with rt-n66u and .34.

I never use 192.168.1.1 as the IP address. I use something like 192.168.45.1 as an added safeguard (hopefully) against malware that could possibly attempt to gain access to the router. 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, and 192.168.2.1 are the most common IP addresses of routers and should probably be avoided if you can.

Hi,

I have an rt-n16 and I'm using the latest Merlin firmware (great job Merlin!). I've recently upgraded the WAN speeds over 100mbits using PPPoE. However, I'm having difficulties with the achieved speeds: it seems that I have better performance with HW disabled (130mbps down/110 mbps up) than with it enabled (110mbps down/90 mbps up). I've tried anything I can imagine, jumbo on/off, ipv6 on/off, qos and ip monitor are off, spanning tree on/off, etc. I also had latest official asus firmware and the results are the same.

Any ideas on what to try next? Maybe there's a firmware bug, try some older release?

Thanks.

I've tried release 270 (still from Merlin) and the speeds improved, but the trend is the same:

- no HW acceleration: 150 down/120 up mbps.
- HW acceleration: 130 down/100 up.

Hi Merlin,

using RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.34_0-sdk5, no problems at all.

Thank you for the experimental builds with sdk5!!

Hi Marlin,
don't know if this is a new bug, but if you run a command on the "Tools - Run cmd" page the command don't stop. :eek:
I try tu run a "top" and then a "ping google.com" and notice that tehy was not finishing in any way so I go to the telnet and "kill" the PID of both command.
Please check.
Thanks
:cool:

Saulos,
To be fair, at the top of the Run Cmd page it does say "Avoid running any command which never return (such as 'top' or 'ping')."

Hi Marlin,
don't know if this is a new bug, but if you run a command on the "Tools - Run cmd" page the command don't stop. :eek:
I try tu run a "top" and then a "ping google.com" and notice that tehy was not finishing in any way so I go to the telnet and "kill" the PID of both command.
Please check.
Thanks
:cool:

Have you read this text ?

Tools - Run System Command
This page allows you to run Linux shell commands.
Avoid running any command which never return (such as 'top' or 'ping').

:eek: ops sorry forgot to read :)

For the first time I've just tested to plug in a USB disk in my RTN66U. It all works well so that I can copy files to it and my xbox can read from it. But, I get this in the system log:
Nov 2 16:54:16 smbd[695]: [2013/11/02 16:54:16, 0] libsmb/ntlm_check.c:smb_pwd_check_ntlmv1(55)
Nov 2 16:54:16 smbd[695]: smb_pwd_check_ntlmv1: incorrect password length (74)
Do I need to configure something? I do not want any authentification for the disk, if you're allowed in my network you should be able to access the disk...

Clock bug in 34_2

Hi RMerlin, great job.

Found a small bug. I have not confirmed if it was present in erlier FW aswell but here it is.

The Clock, i have set the timezone for Stockholm as i live in sweden. The router complains about timezone differs from system settings and the router Clock is 1h off so. it is set correct but the Clock goes wrong... Please have a look at it.

Forgot, running a AC66u.

Last edited:
I'll push out a 374.34_2 release later tonight (they're currently cooking on my VM). This update will address the DNS-related issues with VPN, USB-related issues on AC56/AC68U, and Turbo Mode on the AC68U.

This release should hopefully be stable enough to let me focus on merging the 306 code, which will take a while.

So does that mean IPTV works now?

What about the speed problems over WiFi some are having?
I get 3MB/s with your 374.34 firmware, and 45-50MB/s when i use ASUS latest.
And that is really strange.
I have a AC66U. And its the same issue on both my HTPC with Intel 7260AC, and my 15" late 2013 rMBP.
I have it locked to channel 36 on both firmwares, and I have no nearby 5ghz networks interfering.

Huge thanks for all your work!

Last edited:
For the first time I've just tested to plug in a USB disk in my RTN66U. It all works well so that I can copy files to it and my xbox can read from it. But, I get this in the system log:
Nov 2 16:54:16 smbd[695]: [2013/11/02 16:54:16, 0] libsmb/ntlm_check.c:smb_pwd_check_ntlmv1(55)
Nov 2 16:54:16 smbd[695]: smb_pwd_check_ntlmv1: incorrect password length (74)
Do I need to configure something? I do not want any authentification for the disk, if you're allowed in my network you should be able to access the disk...

Yes, you need to tell Windows to use NTLMv2 only if negotiated.

See this post:
http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=61463&postcount=6

for AC68U/R 374.34_2, did anyone here get overlock switch worked? I have tired to trun it on, but my router does not respond and I have tried many times without any luck.