What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.34 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I must ask this RMerlin:

Why is still used the ancient version of vsftpd 2.0.4 server on all releases (asus/rmerlin) with some notorious bugs present on it, can you please update to the latest (3.0.2) ?!?

Thanks in advance.

In the endless list of things that has to be done, this one is quite low on the list. It's not just a matter of upgrading to the newer version, checks must also be made to ensure it's compatible with the rest of the FW integration, especially with such a large jump in version number.

Confirmed. Must be a bug in the Javascript logic checking the ranges.

As a workaround, set the starting port to "1" in both internal and internal fields.

Will try that. Thank you. I was able to work around it from the command line in the interim.

This firmware is working great for me.

Not related to this release, but I noticed when I enable jumbo frames on my router, laptop and synology nas, and I test it with iperf.. I get 877Mbps, and when I disable jumbo frames on all three I get 942Mbps.. weird how jumbo frames makes it slower.. what do you think the deal is?

This firmware is working great for me.

Not related to this release, but I noticed when I enable jumbo frames on my router, laptop and synology nas, and I test it with iperf.. I get 877Mbps, and when I disable jumbo frames on all three I get 942Mbps.. weird how jumbo frames makes it slower.. what do you think the deal is?

Could be one of the devices not having the same frame size perhaps, causing some packet fragmentation perhaps.

does this version terminate who ever is on the parental control list? the firmware from september didn't, if you left a connection open. For example FaceTime or Skype they would not be disconnected until I kicked them off manually then they would not be able to connect back

does this version terminate who ever is on the parental control list? the firmware from september didn't, if you left a connection open. For example FaceTime or Skype they would not be disconnected until I kicked them off manually then they would not be able to connect back

There has been no change in relation to Parental Control. Please see the changelog for the complete list of changes.

I am having issues connecting to xbox live on xbox 360 using vpn. it used to work fine. I am running openvpn server on a linode vps. any known issues with this firmware regarding vpn ?

Thanks for great firmware.
Just one question:
I use web-ui access from LAN and WAN through https, port 8843.
There's such info in web-ui - menu - system log - port forwarding:
Code:
Destination     Proto. Port range  Redirect to     Local port
ALL             TCP    8080        192.168.9.1     80         
ALL             TCP    8843        192.168.9.1     8843
What's this? I didn't set port 8080 to be redirected to 80.
Now I use build 34 on AC66U. It was in the same way on build 33 and RT-N66U.
Any comments?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for great firmware.
Just one question:
I use web-ui access from LAN and WAN through https, port 8843.
There's such info in web-ui - menu - system log - port forwarding:
Code:
Destination     Proto. Port range  Redirect to     Local port
ALL             TCP    8080        192.168.9.1     80         
ALL             TCP    8843        192.168.9.1     8843
What's this? I didn't set port 8080 to be redirected to 80.
Now I use build 34 on AC66U. It was in the same way on build 33 and RT-N66U.
Any comments?

Thank you in advance.

That means you have WAN access to the webui enabled on the System page Administration page. It uses port 8080 by default.

There is issue with new firmware, I think it could be due to new SDK. Previously on my RT-N66U was Merlin firmware 3.0.0.4.270.26 and there was no issues. Then I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.33. Erased all settings and reconfigured manually. Then my router started rebooting in a random times. Yesterday I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.374.34_2. I did 30/30/30 reset, then one more time everything reconfigured manually. Tried to unplug all USB devices, disabled HW accelerator. Still the same issue. Not sure if its related, but I saw that in most times router rebooting when transfering data LAN->WLAN, for example watching movie from my Synology in my Laptop. Today during movie time router rebooted 3 times!
Any suggestions? If no luck I will try to go back to 3.0.0.4.270.26.
Thanks!

Hi,

I have an rt-n16 and I'm using the latest Merlin firmware (great job Merlin!). I've recently upgraded the WAN speeds over 100mbits using PPPoE. However, I'm having difficulties with the achieved speeds: it seems that I have better performance with HW disabled (130mbps down/110 mbps up) than with it enabled (110mbps down/90 mbps up). I've tried anything I can imagine, jumbo on/off, ipv6 on/off, qos and ip monitor are off, spanning tree on/off, etc. I also had latest official asus firmware and the results are the same.

Any ideas on what to try next? Maybe there's a firmware bug, try some older release?

Thanks.

Anyone with some hints?

Anyone with some hints?

Try to really crear nvram. Not 30/30/30, but run

Code:
mtd-erase -d nvram

and after that - swith off router.

And - swith on ;-)

Hey everybody, I just picked up a shiny new RT-AC68U, and I have been experimenting with Merlin's build. Since I'm a newbie, I apologize if this question is not in the right place.

I flashed my router with the 3.0.0.4_374.34_2 build, and everything works great except that more often than not I am not able to log into to the web interface with my credentials. I am able to SSH and Telnet with the same password, however web access is spotty. If I retry enough times (20-30 times), I am eventually able to get in, but I don't think this is normal.

Thank you Merlin for this awesome work. I upgraded from an Airport Extreme and now there's no going back!

Hey everybody, I just picked up a shiny new RT-AC68U, and I have been experimenting with Merlin's build. Since I'm a newbie, I apologize if this question is not in the right place.

I flashed my router with the 3.0.0.4_374.34_2 build, and everything works great except that more often than not I am not able to log into to the web interface with my credentials. I am able to SSH and Telnet with the same password, however web access is spotty. If I retry enough times (20-30 times), I am eventually able to get in, but I don't think this is normal.

Thank you Merlin for this awesome work. I upgraded from an Airport Extreme and now there's no going back!

I am having exactly the same issue. cleared nvram and then problem is solved for a day or so then again the web ui keeps asking credentials.

After doing some more poking around the site, it looks like I'm not the only one. At least my mind is at ease because I thought that I did something wrong while flashing it.

It's a bug introduced by Asus with their new brute force protection they implemented on the web server and which doesn't work properly - you have something on your network that regularly tries to access the router, ending up causing the lockout.

USB hard drive

Hey,

Since I updated the firmware from 3.0.0.4_374.32_0 to 3.0.0.4_374.33_0 on my RT-N66U router, my usb hard drive connected directly to my router is no longer visible by my Win7 computer. If I return to the 3.0.0.4_374.32_0 version everything is functional again!! What I do not understand ...

Is it recommended to do factory reset moving from 3.0.0.4.374.32 to 3.0.0.4.374.33 on N66U?

Thanks,
PhilTous

Do you know if there is anyway through the command line to cycle it to allow logins again?

No idea, I didn't have time to study that new code yet.